Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Good Luck to All the Playoff Teams

Re: Good Luck to All the Playoff Teams

Quote Originally Posted by Fyewiks View Post
    In my assessment of this duel, I sum it up as pure closer exits after nominal start while veteran real starter is allowed to go a little long. I hope they get another battle in game 7!

That could be hopeful thinking on my part!
    Yea pretty accurate. If you looked at my bullpens performance you would see why my starters go too long. Without pushing the starters I would probably not have won 80 games...but it’s not always a winning strategy I will admit :-).

So it’s a 3 game series!

Sent from my iPad using CSFBL

Nice series win Gilamonsters

Amazing ..you put up a very good season only to get destroyed in the first round of the playoffs ..guess my pitching got amnesia lol

Re: Nice series win Gilamonsters

Quote Originally Posted by Keith West View Post
    Amazing ..you put up a very good season only to get destroyed in the first round of the playoffs ..guess my pitching got amnesia lol
    Been there done that...the playoffs are a crap shoot. I’ve won the WS w teams that shouldn’t have been in playoffs and also got bounced with teams that won 113 reg season games. Chin up - there’s always next year!

Quote Originally Posted by Fyewiks View Post
    In my assessment of this duel, I sum it up as pure closer exits after nominal start while veteran real starter is allowed to go a little long. I hope they get another battle in game 7!

That could be hopeful thinking on my part!
    It’s a fickle game isn’t it? You’re cruising along 3-0 pondering all the rest your team might get as your opponents beat each other up ... then bang you are headed to game 7.

For Georgia - The streak (curse) is finally over. After my franchise teams losing 9 straight playoff series, we finally advanced so it feels like the ****** is off our back. Although you have to wonder who might have won the third installment of Legett vs Baker...or if Leggett would have started?

Ok why is m0nkey a bad word? Wait...don’t answer that

Fickle indeed. I knew my hitting could go to sleep in a moments notice so I was never as comfortable as one would expect with a 3-0 series lead. Doesn't lessen the anguish much though. I guess I will just take this as a young team learning the ropes.

Good luck Arankanu! Very good team!
    Last edited by Fyewiks; May 9, 2018 at 06:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tyruscobb View Post
    ok why is m0nkey a bad word? Wait...don’t answer that

sent from my ipad using csfbl
    lol!

Quote Originally Posted by TyrusCobb View Post
    It’s a fickle game isn’t it? You’re cruising along 3-0 pondering all the rest your team might get as your opponents beat each other up ... then bang you are headed to game 7.

For Georgia - The streak (curse) is finally over. After my franchise teams losing 9 straight playoff series, we finally advanced so it feels like the ****** is off our back. Although you have to wonder who might have won the third installment of Legett vs Baker...or if Leggett would have started?

Manila recognizes Hernandez as real cy young than your fake cy young/playoff choker Baker. Hi btw

Also room for only One real Charles on our team and he is Destroyer of Worlds

GL to both WS Teams
    Last edited by xet43; May 13, 2018 at 01:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by xet43 View Post
    Manila recognizes Hernandez as real cy young than your fake cy young/playoff choker Baker. Hi btw

Also room for only One real Charles on our team and he is Destroyer of Worlds

GL to both WS Teams
    Lol. Well Hernandez has certainly been better in the post season - 4-0 2.57 ERA. In fact, Baker is 0-6 but hasn’t been aweful (3.75 ERA) but has been on the losing end of too many tight games. But make no mistake Georgia wouldn’t have made the playoffs without his 24 regular season wins. It’s fairly unbelievable that we have come this far with Baker not winning a single game in the playoffs.

Oh yea Hi btw...lol

Tip of the hat to Oahu. Gave it our all but came up a few runs short losing 3 one run games. Considering Oahu’s potent offense, I found it funny to lose game 6 on three walks, a hit batter and a ground out allowing the 2 runs. But you know what they say, they all count! And the walks will kill you every time!

The future is bright in Georgia as our all staff will be under 28 with the exception of Charles “Cy” Baker.

On to next year!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12