Thread: Running NLT

Running NLT

Hi everyone,

So for time being Masterdome is out of action, I'll step in and run some parts of NLT.

I'm going to leave FA signings off for the time being - the system we had is just too time-consuming for me to try running. If someone else wants to volunteer to run the created FA side then please let me know.

I'll run one round of live draft each season. If I get 16 or more owners participating (ie 2/3rds) I'll put in the effort to run a second round, if there's a bunch of autos I'll leave it at 1 round.

I will enforce the hard salary cap, as I think this really needs to keep going. I'm a bit late getting sorted this season, but I'll post about that in a separate post.

I enjoyed doing the tribute renames, and WS team nicknames, so I'll try and keep these going. It would be great to have some participation in this though as it really is one of the purposes of NLT, and recently it seems just myself and Masterdome voting on them...

If anyone else is willing to help out running some of these items, it will keep the league running to the level it deserves after all the work Masterdome put into it. So please PM me/post here if you're willing to take on a task, no matter how small
    GOAT 3: Palapye Power
    League of Extraordinary Gentlemen: Las Flores Turanza
    MLB Remake - Baltimore Orioles
    MLB ReMake - AAA: Durham Bulls (2097)
    Pacific Coast League: Spokane Indians (1961, 1965, 1966, 1967)
    Caribbean League: Havan Jonron
    League of Legends: Ashtead Aardvarks
    Cooperstown's Finest: Guildford Mavericks
    Negro League Tribute: Kansas City Monarchs (2005)
    CSFBL Justice: Palapye Miners (2110)
    Earth Baseball: Palapye Swallows
    Blue Chip Prospects: Serowe Rhinos (1990, 1991)
    World League: Seibu Lions (2101, 2114, 2115)

Red Hot Prospects: Palapye Power (1982)
    Knights of CSFBL: Tatooine Womp Rats (2082, 2084)
    Beta: BIUST Buffaloes (2096)
    Psi Phi: Bedford Blues
    MLB ReMake - AA: Corpus Christi Hooks
    Sons of Ivy 3: Palapye Impala

Re: Running NLT

Appreciate you stepping up. Big hat tip on that.

Just my 2c but I'd like to see the FAs turned back on even if it goes untracked for a season or two. I mean, the league dropped from Top Tier status due to lack of log ins/activity. Might help keep the league out of the "Low" activity category for the time being. Anything helps at this point.
    NLT - WSWins 2016, 2017, 2018
    ANH - 1988, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1999
    ESO - 1981, 1986, 1992, 1993, 1994, 1997, 1999, 2001
    BNB - 1985
    JR - 1991, 1996, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2004
    AB - 2078, 2087, 2091, 2093
    KED - 1989, 1993, 1994, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999
    TCB - 1986, 1993
    PS - 2096, 2097, 2100, 2105, 2111

So I've just been looking into salary cap offenders, and realized the Masterdome has actually given up his team and left the league. I was under the impression I would be holding the fort until his return in a few months, but it seems a longer term solution is needed. So, I'd again ask for volunteers to help with the running of the league - please PM me, as I'm involved in a few other leagues and wasn't really looking to take this on full time.

For the time being, I'm basically implementing these rules to try and keep the league attractive and make my life easier. Any objections then shout them out, and we can put things to vote, but seeing as there's so little activity in the forum I'll only go to vote if people actually read this and comment.

Rule 1. The hard cap will be enforced with the following system:
    a) Teams over the cap at the lock will have players cut from their AAA roster first, in order of age (oldest players cut first). If two players have the same age, the lowest salary will be cut first.
    b) If teams are still over the cap, players will be cut from Low Minors on an oldest-first basis, with the lowest-salary tie-breaker.
    c) If teams are still over the cap, players will be cut from the major league rosters and replaced with low-salary FAs, at the commissioners discretion. (On this - if it gets to this point I'll try and trim the salary as sensitively as possible to avoid affecting starting lineups and pitching rotations, but this will obviously involve some judgement calls).
    d) All cut players from salary offenders will be posted in a forum thread, so all teams are aware of which players were cut.

Rule 2. Pre-season Free Agents
    We will return to having 8 created Free Agents every season, although there won't be any restrictions. All allocations previously calculated in the old FA system are void, so as from the next flip everyone can bid on all created FAs.
    (I realize this is a little unfair on teams who had been saving FA allowances, but I just don't have the time or inclination to run the system - a few created FAs are fun though).
    Last edited by pedro4832; May 4, 2018 at 09:25 AM.
    GOAT 3: Palapye Power
    League of Extraordinary Gentlemen: Las Flores Turanza
    MLB Remake - Baltimore Orioles
    MLB ReMake - AAA: Durham Bulls (2097)
    Pacific Coast League: Spokane Indians (1961, 1965, 1966, 1967)
    Caribbean League: Havan Jonron
    League of Legends: Ashtead Aardvarks
    Cooperstown's Finest: Guildford Mavericks
    Negro League Tribute: Kansas City Monarchs (2005)
    CSFBL Justice: Palapye Miners (2110)
    Earth Baseball: Palapye Swallows
    Blue Chip Prospects: Serowe Rhinos (1990, 1991)
    World League: Seibu Lions (2101, 2114, 2115)

Red Hot Prospects: Palapye Power (1982)
    Knights of CSFBL: Tatooine Womp Rats (2082, 2084)
    Beta: BIUST Buffaloes (2096)
    Psi Phi: Bedford Blues
    MLB ReMake - AA: Corpus Christi Hooks
    Sons of Ivy 3: Palapye Impala

Well, I think we probably should get back eventually with created FA allocation. But, it probably shouldn't hurt for a year or 2 with complete freedom from it.

We can figure that out later.