Thread: CF records an out in foul ground

CF records an out in foul ground

Defensive web gems fly way under the radar in this game, but check out the last out of the first inning in this one:

https://www.csfbl.com/game/playbypla...ameid=39383375

My CF, Larry Raymond makes the play in foul territory. I'd love to see the video on that one, because the guy has an RA of 58, so that ball must have hung up there for a while.

Re: CF records an out in foul ground

I did hear a legend that 1920s White Sox CF Johnny Mostil caught a foul fly ball. I have my doubts.

lol, CSFBL has some crazy random stuff. I think it's funny how the developers took the time to add in stuff that never happens in real life (CF catching a ball in foul territory, short-to-third-to-first double plays) but when it comes to something that happens all the time in real life (runner on second going to third on a ground ball to the right side) it's just completely absent from the game.

I remember seeing a highlight somewhere of a 6-5-3 DP. The shortstop backhanded the ball, flipped it to 3rd, the throw to 1st got the extremely slow hitter. It wouldn't have happened with an average major league hitter.
    Peace. (Psalm 29:11)

Darrel
    Oklahoma

Quote Originally Posted by EtaCar927 View Post
    lol, CSFBL has some crazy random stuff. I think it's funny how the developers took the time to add in stuff that never happens in real life (CF catching a ball in foul territory, short-to-third-to-first double plays) but when it comes to something that happens all the time in real life (runner on second going to third on a ground ball to the right side) it's just completely absent from the game.
    I love using the gameview feature, especially when you get to see plays where runners are on 1st and 2nd, ground ball goes to 2nd for the 4-6-3 DP, but the lead runner stays at second. I'd have to dig for the game, but just recently I had a player lead off with a double, and the next batter was hit by the pitch. The runner advanced from 2nd to 3rd, even though there was no runner on first. And guys with 80+ speed staying at 3rd on ground balls to SS or 2nd early in games boggles my mind.

Of course, I know nothing about software development or coding, so I have no idea how hard it would be to make the game that accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by randyb33 View Post
    Of course, I know nothing about software development or coding, so I have no idea how hard it would be to make the game that accurate.
    My luck with computers, I feel lucky when it lets me on the internet.