Thread: Commissioner

Commissioner

Jsch08 just mentioned to me that I'm still a Commissioner for Cooperstown's Prospects. I am no longer a mentor of the league, but if you guys can choose a commissioner, I'll be happy to set things up correctly and turn the role over to them. Cheers!
    "The other team could make trouble for us if they beat us" - Yogi Berra

Salary cap

I was asked to return to fill in a spot ..I noticed the increase in free agent talent which is great ..but now I have noticed 3/4 of the league is over the cap lol should everybody be under it after a certain period of time ? Just a suggestion of fairness

Re: Commissioner

Keith,
    Most leagues are soft cap leagues meaning a team may go ‘over’ the league cap by the teams player salaries increasing and by acquiring draft picks. The penalty for being ‘over cap’ is that team has no funds in allocations (training/scouting) and very limited FA signings (a detailed list is the help pages).
    By checking the forums (in league announcements) its a good way to find leagues that have a hard cap - meaning a league salary that is enforced by the commish (or commissioners) at times listed in the rules (after the yearly flip, after FA draft, etc). FYI most of them (if not all) are private leagues which tend to have less team turnover and experienced owners.
    I tend to view the difference in payroll as league disparity (ie small market teams vs big market).
    Respectfully Oldeephus

I thank you for your answer ...the reason I bring it up is because when teams are 15 million and over ..their team could be set up for a long time and don’t need to change ..but I respect your rules

I’m not the commissioner so not my rules. Just helping out.