View Poll Results: How to save the league

Voters
7. You may not vote on this poll
  • Remaning owners keep teams, Release all unowned team players and conduct redraft

4 57.14%
  • Remaining owners keep teams, drop salary cap but introduce 24 Free Agents

0 0%
  • All teams release players and redraft entire league

2 28.57%
  • Combination of one or more of above ideas

1 14.29%
  • Let the ship sinkerooni

0 0%

Thread: Desperate Times Desperate Measures

Desperate Times Desperate Measures

Ok folks it is clear no one is going to save this sinking ship so as a last ditch effort, I have some ideas, let me know what you think as the remaining owners, we should be all in in trying to get new owners to save it.
    Last edited by xet43; April 23, 2018 at 02:06 AM.

Re: Desperate Times Desperate Measures

A complete drop of all players and a full redraft is probably the quickest way to fill the league. That being said, it would be brutal to see some of the guys I invested time and energy on with another team.

Quote Originally Posted by Fyewiks View Post
    A complete drop of all players and a full redraft is probably the quickest way to fill the league. That being said, it would be brutal to see some of the guys I invested time and energy on with another team.
    I agree with you Fye that this is a way to fill it. But man a full draft is an unreal amount of work. I am doing this in Cooperstowns Finest as it reboots. So it a 30 round draft. And requires all owners to be engaged or it just stalls. So idk. I guess for me if the league is gonna fill back up with guys who just don’t put anything into it and aren’t active maybe it’s time to let it go. Hate to see it go too if it comes to that. Even if the Brawlers suck in playoffs lol.

Sent from my iPhone using CSFBL

I voted for #1 but not sure how we would do this. Running a 25 Round Draft is a big chore. Who has the time? I just finished a whole team draft (just drafting not running) and it swallowed a crazy amount of time. But I’m up for it if we can find willing owners.
    Last edited by xet43; April 29, 2018 at 07:22 PM.

Well I wanna see who else is up for it first. Dead in the water league now and quite a few of us still hanging around. I dont see it going 25 rounds, as I project studs and really good players taking up only 2 to 3 rounds, after that the free agent pool would be healthy enough to help any new owner to turnaround quicker. And if were worried bout stackers, only so much they can do with salary cap

Quote Originally Posted by xet43 View Post
    Well I wanna see who else is up for it first. Dead in the water league now and quite a few of us still hanging around. I dont see it going 25 rounds, as I project studs and really good players taking up only 2 to 3 rounds, after that the free agent pool would be healthy enough to help any new owner to turnaround quicker. And if were worried bout stackers, only so much they can do with salary cap
    Yea I’m up for anything that saves the ship.

Sent from my iPad using CSFBL

Quote Originally Posted by xet43 View Post
    I'm open to any decision you make. It would be awesome to revive the league.

I wonder what the time frame is for the league being dissolved?

I posted at Prime Time Prospects in an effort to get some owners. That league is even in worse shape than this one and the pause will be coming fairly soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Fyewiks View Post
    I wonder what the time frame is for the league being dissolved?

I posted at Prime Time Prospects in an effort to get some owners. That league is even in worse shape than this one and the pause will be coming fairly soon.

Not sure, but if you listen to the background, very faintly around the bend you can hear Madonna's "This use to be my playground" scoring in.

THE GREAT 8 if we could only get back up and running.
    For the love of the game.