Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Headed to Spring Training Arizona

Headed to Spring Training Arizona

Won't have much internet access for the next five days. Going to see 5 games in 4 days. Leaving today. Hoping BenjiPla sees the trade I sent him and accepts soon. lol and the FA I sent an offer to hurries up and accepts his contract.

Will be fun to pbp viewer all the games when I get back to see how all these new players in Trips uniforms perform, we shall see If we can close that 4 gm. gap a bit for the last playoff spot in Robert Jamerson. Mets and Divided currently tied for 1st at the top. Should be fun!!!

Whit-
    Last edited by Bryan Whitfield; February 28, 2018 at 12:37 PM.
    Psi Phi ~ Capistrano Beach Bums
    Lawn Chair ~ Huntington Beach Hobos
    Whit-

"Him we preach, warning every man and teaching every man in all wisdom, that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus".
    Col: 1:28

Re: Headed to Spring Training Arizona

Nice. Have fun!
    Arizona Thunderbirds - Justice 2080-
    Houston Caballeros - Psi Phi 2022-

Thanks Tal,
    Had a blast with my son. We saw 45 innings of baseball in 4 days. Got a ton of autographs. Saw 5 different baseball Spring Training facilities. Scottsdale Stadium, Camelback Ridge, Salt River Fields, Peoria, and Tempe Diablo.

Was able to see McCutchen and Longoria play on the Giants. Got a baseball card autographed by Christian Yelich on his new team the Brewers. Watched Clayton Kershaw take the bump and pitch two clean innings vs. the White Sox.

Then, went to a night game where the Angels played the Mariners.

Last day we saw a home game where the regulars were in vs. the Colorado Rockies. Got to see Trout. Pujols, Cozart , Kinsler, Simmons, Shoemaker vs. Charlie Blackmon and Nolan Arenando. Plus, there we got a 20 signatures on a hat and baseball and were able to talk to players like the Angels #2 prospect, 20 yr. old Jaimai Jones, plus Eric Young Jr. took a picture with my boy and he stuck it on Instagram and he actually "liked" the photo of him and my boy, which my boy thought was really cool! David Fletcher the B team SS we saw player really well and get an autograph from. The Angels 1B prospect Matt Thaiss hit a HR and a Double in the 1st game and then hit another one vs. the M's in the night game. He looks to be ready to join the club in the couple of years.

Whit-
    Whit-

"Him we preach, warning every man and teaching every man in all wisdom, that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus".

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan Whitfield View Post
    Thanks Tal,
    Had a blast with my son. We saw 45 innings of baseball in 4 days. Got a ton of autographs. Saw 5 different baseball Spring Training facilities. Scottsdale Stadium, Camelback Ridge, Salt River Fields, Peoria, and Tempe Diablo.

Was able to see McCutchen and Longoria play on the Giants. Got a baseball card autographed by Christian Yelich on his new team the Brewers. Watched Clayton Kershaw take the bump and pitch two clean innings vs. the White Sox.

Then, went to a night game where the Angels played the Mariners.

Last day we saw a home game where the regulars were in vs. the Colorado Rockies. Got to see Trout. Pujols, Cozart , Kinsler, Simmons, Shoemaker vs. Charlie Blackmon and Nolan Arenando. Plus, there we got a 20 signatures on a hat and baseball and were able to talk to players like the Angels #2 prospect, 20 yr. old Jaimai Jones, plus Eric Young Jr. took a picture with my boy and he stuck it on Instagram and he actually "liked" the photo of him and my boy, which my boy thought was really cool! David Fletcher the B team SS we saw player really well and get an autograph from. The Angels 1B prospect Matt Thaiss hit a HR and a Double in the 1st game and then hit another one vs. the M's in the night game. He looks to be ready to join the club in the couple of years.

Whit-
    That's awesome!! Spring training is on my bucket list and to let you know how well I married, it's on my wife's bucket list as well. May I ask what it costs to attend a spring training game?

the seats are as low as 15 on the lawn to about 50 right behind home plate. I suggest spending the extra if you can, for us- it's a chance to sit behind scouts and during the season...we don't even sniff home plate. You did marry well, that I can tell you. Any chick that likes to hang out at a ballpark is a keeper.

The hotels all know it's Spring Training. We were lucky enough to know a friend. I've never been disappointed to any Spring Training events I've went to. Just really great atmosphere to be around.

Whit-
    Whit-

the great Race

Whoever wins our division and wildcard deserves it ...great season divided and triplets and I see u sneaking up thunder ....lol

Thumbs up Re: the great Race

Quote Originally Posted by Keith West View Post
    Whoever wins our division and wildcard deserves it ...great season divided and triplets and I see u sneaking up thunder ....lol
    Feel the same way. And all the recent trades, our division is improving by leaps and bounds and am captivated by how this division is back and forth and just getting more and more interesting as the race winds to an amazing finish!

Whit-
    Whit-

Re: the great Race

Quote Originally Posted by Keith West View Post
    What a Series between the Thunder and Trips!

After dropping the first two ballgames by one lousy run!!!

Another barnburner in which the Trips salvage the final game

9/19/2066Granite City Thunder (A)
    Paul Jones vs Keith Schlenker
    Watch with GameViewBoxscorePlay-By-Play9/18/2066Granite City Thunder (A)
    Dennis Hershman vs Cornelius Jennings
    Watch with GameViewBoxscorePlay-By-Play9/17/2066Granite City Thunder (A)
    Edward Huneycutt vs David Pearson
    Watch with GameViewBoxscorePlay-By-Play
    Whit-

Divided ended up winning their last 6 to not only sneak in but to almost take the division.

First round of the playoffs will be interesting. We took the first two on the road but knowing how this season finished i wont be surprised if this thing goes to 7 games.
    League: Team Names (WS Titles)
    Moneyball: Chernobyl Isotopes (2021)
    Psi Phi: Manchester Divided
    Little League: Margaritaville Beach Marlins (2035)
    Knights of CSFBL: Terracotta Warriors (2056, 2061, 2072 - retired)
    Outlaws: Black Hills Bison (2030, 2031 - league retired)
    Penny Pinchers: Minnesota Muskies (1981 - retired)
    Psi Psi: Vatican City Cardinals (2011 - retired)
    RTTB: Detroit Tigers (1961 - retired)
    Viva: Mogadishu Warlords (1990 - league retired)

Thumbs up Re: Headed to Spring Training Arizona

Quote Originally Posted by christo0425 View Post
    Divided ended up winning their last 6 to not only sneak in but to almost take the division.

First round of the playoffs will be interesting. We took the first two on the road but knowing how this season finished i wont be surprised if this thing goes to 7 games.
    Well played! Was a great year and hoping our division takes the World Series...Go Robert Jamerson!!!

Whit-
    Whit-

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast