Thread: Two struggling teams need new owners for rebuild

Two struggling teams need new owners for rebuild

We currently have three openings in WEBL, a 4/day league in its 79th season. If you're looking to take a team from worst to first, two of these teams would be right for you.

The Black Rock Eagles are currently tied for the worst record in the league at 52-77, and should end up with a Top 5 pick next season. This team is mostly made up of mediocre middle-aged players, but there are some bright spots on the roster like LF Dean Lewis (18), RF Willis Trent (21) and pitchers Christopher Cooper (23), James Arias (24) and Fred Holloway (21). However, with all their young stars on the active roster, their low minors is pretty depleted.

The Jackson Hole Rustlers are just a couple games better than the Eagles at 55-74, and sit dead last in their division. This team doesn't have as much young talent on its active roster, but bring spots include LF Jeffrey Sheehan (26), SS John Lynch (23), and pitchers Michael Wells (25) and Paul Villalobos (26). They've also got a bunch of overage bats in the lows.

Finally, if you're looking for a different kind of challenge, the Amarillo Rage are also available. While they have a respectable 68-61 record on the season, they're a distant fifth place in a really tough division that has three teams over .600. This team won't need as much rebuilding, with just a couple players past their primes, but they have a tough task of competing in a super-strong division.

If you're interested in any of these teams, feel free to hit the "Recruit Team" button at any time, or send me a PM, and I'll help you get set up.

Re: Two struggling teams need new owners for rebuild

Another team is now available in the ultra-competitive Div I. The Hatteras Hitmen are 84-59 on the season, but sit seven games back and 5.5 out of a playoff spot. Think you can turn this into a three-horse race? Send me a PM, and I'll get you set up!