Page 340 of 341 FirstFirst ... 240290330338339340341 LastLast
Results 3,391 to 3,400 of 3409

Thread: Official DriveTheLane Thread

  1. #3391

    Re: Official DriveTheLane Thread

    L42 recruiting preview

    3 CL's, 2 0/1 leads, 2 ties

    Clear leads:

    Alexander Howard, 6-4: G scout: G-F+E+P+F with likely G INT (2.72/49) (+4/-1). HS stats (SF): 16/5/2/1/1/1. One of my (many) needs is a better PG, and this guy could be it. OOP at SF, could be pretty decent upgrade at PG.

    Caleb Page, 6-1: F scout: E-E-E+N+N+ with likely E INT (3.90/59) (+8/-4). Major min-max guy, haha. Don't care if a PG can't rebound, but hopefully he can have better athleticism. HS stats (PG): 17/3/5/1/0/2. VERY intriguing scouting, but the stats say he's probably G at all those E's. Would still be a PG upgrade for me.

    Enrique Alston, 6-9: P scout: GF-E-N+F with likely E INT (3.43/52) (+5/-2). FINALLY get a lead on a big, and he's a N rebounder, lol. But, He'd still be a huge upgrade over my current PF or C. HS stats (C): 18/8/3/1/1/1.

    0/1 leads:

    Ryan Ingram, 6-5: P scout: G-EF+F-G- with likely F INT (2.20/54) (+4). HS stats (PF): 7/7/2/1/1/1. Bad stats, but obviously OOP. Might make a passable SF or SG.

    Gabriel Smith, 5-11: G scout: G-N+GFG with likely E INT (2.81/75) (+5/-2). HS stats (PG): 23/4/7/1/0/2. Ratings not bad, stats look great, though that N defense is scary. He'll be my top ranked PG prospect.

    Ties:

    Keion Bently (2), 6-8: E scout: EE-G-G-F+ with likely F INT (2.48/37) (+6). HS stats (C): 22/10/2/2/2/1. 7-way tie. Prefs EEG. Recruit is in region, but so are 4 of the tied teams. ONE is in conference. 2 tied teams are out of region, so this probably comes down to the 4 of us, with an edge to the C12 team. All but one tied team is in NTT, so I'm about dead last there. But I should be as good as any on impact. Probably won't win him, but what a wonderful day it would be if I did.

    Christopher Belville (21), 6-10: E scout: GGF-G+G- with likely E INT (3.82/62). HS stats (PF): 14/10/3/1/3/1. 4-way tie. Prefs: G-G-G+. Also in region, also C12 (I'm C11). Tied teams are all in region, with 2 of them being C12. Only one is NTT (also C12) so they have the advantage, probably. But, again, I'm as good as any for impact. Probably 20% chance of winning him.
    2ML 1906, 1928, 1931, 1968, 1990, 1991, 1995
    BD 1993,1994, 2004, 2041, 2044, 2064, 2065
    CBF 2056, 2060, 2071, 2075, 2087, 2088, 2092, 2105,2106,2116,2137,2138
    CWS 1953, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1965, 1971, 1976, 1984
    HR 1903, 1906, 1920, 1921, 1923, 1924, 1926, 1927, 1929, 1934, 1943, 1950, 1953, 1955
    CarL 2026, 2039, 2055
    74-55 WS

  2. #3392
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Vegas
    Posts
    3,841

    Re: Official DriveTheLane Thread

    L31 - We took the #1 team to the limit before losing by 4. We're 0-2 to start the season but against the #1 SoS and only losing those games by a combined 9 points gives us hope that we can make some noise in the regular season.

    L34 - Reading gets another shot at Washington, the clear top dogs in C1. Reading is looking at another PTT appearance if they can't get the upset. Washington had an uncharacteristic 18 turnovers in the first matchup but still won by 20 so we're going to need a lot of things to fall our way.

    L37 - Been a tough team to read. We're 3-3 vs. Top 100 teams with the wins being by 24, 13, and 11. The losses have been even worse (18, 32, 25) so we have been quite a streaky team.

    L42 - Final Four Baby! Of the DTT. Recruiting looks sweet though.

    1/1 Tie

    Matthew Madison 6'10" (5.6/10.2/4.4/0.1/3.5/0.9) Nice local big man who can defend and distribute. We're a clear underdog to other local team on him as he slightly prefers winning which we cannot provide. Would be nice to grab him but I'm not counting on it.

    Clear Leads

    Xavier White 6'11" (14.7/11.4/2.8/1.2/2.1/1.0) - Solid big man who can score more than Madison and still looks like a strong defender with the high steal total.

    Cameron White 6'9" (10.7/9.8/2.6/1.2/1.4/1.3) - The weakest of the leads. White will likely be bench depth but he's another good defender to add to our rotation.

    Stephen McInnis 6'11" (11.6/10.2/1.0/0.6/2.4/1.7) - Another double double guy who can get some blocks down low.

    If we just grab our clear leads we have a nice starting five that can plug some of our big holes (defense and rebounding). If we get Madison, even better!

  3. #3393

    Re: Official DriveTheLane Thread

    In L34, Chattanooga again ran the table in the conference regular season. Our rivals, dirtball's Ames team, has provided 2 great games, though.

    Game 1 was a 119-107 barn burner (not OT). Game 2 was 108-102 OT game. Now there will be a Game 3, in the CT title game. I've secured the regular season title and auto-bid, so the pressure's off, but the CT title game has always been a trip up for us in the past. We have blown through the first 2 games, by 54 and 26. In fact, we've blown through the whole conference season, winning by an average MOV of 17.6. We're ranked all they way up at #16, but we've lost to 2 of the only 3 teams ranked higher than #70 that we've played, so I don't expect a final 4 run, lol.
    2ML 1906, 1928, 1931, 1968, 1990, 1991, 1995
    BD 1993,1994, 2004, 2041, 2044, 2064, 2065
    CBF 2056, 2060, 2071, 2075, 2087, 2088, 2092, 2105,2106,2116,2137,2138
    CWS 1953, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1965, 1971, 1976, 1984
    HR 1903, 1906, 1920, 1921, 1923, 1924, 1926, 1927, 1929, 1934, 1943, 1950, 1953, 1955
    CarL 2026, 2039, 2055
    74-55 WS

  4. #3394

    Re: Official DriveTheLane Thread

    L42 recruiting for Fort Wayne

    0/0 Daniel Rivers 6-8 C, G-E+F-E-(F?)F- +5 on G scout. 16/9/2/2/1/2. Was focusing on SG/SF types, but saw an opening to grab this guy and had to take it. He will be a solid starter at PF or maybe a great backup.
    0/1 Adam Durbin 6-5 SG, GG-F-F+(F?)E- +4 on P scout. 19/4/1/1/1/1. Picked up a lead on him late. Would be an upgrade at the 2/3 for us.
    0/1 Richard Stpierre 6-5 PF, F+E-E+F(G)F +5 on F scout. 9/7/4/1/1/1. Not exciting stat-wise but should be ok at SF.
    1/1 Davin McCullen 6-4 SG, E-E+F-G-(F?)F +5 on P scout. 24/4/1/1/0/1. Prototypical SG. Local and win prefs definitely favor us. Our backcourt will be killer if we land him to go with conference FOY Alaniz.
    1/1 Patrick Brand 6-10 C, EGN+F-(F?)G- +2 on F scout. 20/10/1/1/3/1. Had to go for the talented big even though we don't really need him. We should have a slight edge due to win pref.
    3/3 Blake Scanlon 6-6 SF, G+G-E-G(G?)F-, +6 on E scout. 18/5/6/1/1/2. Prototypical SF. Two of the three teams are OOC but in region and he has G local pref. Win pref favors the two OOC teams. Probably less than 25% chance of getting him.

    With only two returning starting-quality players, we are probably going to get three new starters from this group unless we end up with both Rivers and Brand - if we do, one of them will have to come off the bench at C or PF. I don't think either of them could play SF. Really wish we could do conditional PPs so I could favor Durbin over Rivers if I break the tie on Brand, but I really want Rivers if I don't get Brand, so I will have to risk getting both and fix it in the next year's recruiting. If we somehow end up with Scanlon, McCullen and Durbin, Scanlon will probably spend a year at PF.

  5. #3395

    Re: Official DriveTheLane Thread

    Help me figure out my PP's in L42.

    Obvs I have my 2 stud maxes at 1 and 1A. After that, it gets complicated. I have another big with a clear lead who I MUST have if I don't win both ties. So he's currently ranked as 1B.

    After that, there are 2 point guards I can't decide between. An 0/1 lead I will probably lose because he's high W pref and the team w12 is an NTT #1 seed, but he has great stats (24/4/7/1/0/2), and another PG with tantalizing ratings but less studly stats (EEENEN, 17/3/5/1/0/2). Then just OK guys I'd settle for after that.

    So, if I win BOTH ties, I'd rather have one of the PG's then the net C. So, I'd need to move the net C down from 1B to behind one/both PG's to make sure I'd get one. BUT, if I only win ONE tie, I need the net C (and one of the PG's). If I lose both ties, it won't matter because I'd get the net C and one (or both) PG's.

    Currently My two ties and my net C are all at 10 PP's, with both PG's at 9. I'd like to move one of the PG's ahead of the net C but can't decide which one. Don't want to move both ahead because I don't want to get both PG's if I win one tie, but will take them if I lose both ties. If I win both ties, I don't want the net C, and would let the sim pick which PG I get.

    COnfusing, I know.
    2ML 1906, 1928, 1931, 1968, 1990, 1991, 1995
    BD 1993,1994, 2004, 2041, 2044, 2064, 2065
    CBF 2056, 2060, 2071, 2075, 2087, 2088, 2092, 2105,2106,2116,2137,2138
    CWS 1953, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1965, 1971, 1976, 1984
    HR 1903, 1906, 1920, 1921, 1923, 1924, 1926, 1927, 1929, 1934, 1943, 1950, 1953, 1955
    CarL 2026, 2039, 2055
    74-55 WS

  6. #3396

    Re: Official DriveTheLane Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Vulpecula View Post
    Help me figure out my PP's in L42.

    Obvs I have my 2 stud maxes at 1 and 1A. After that, it gets complicated. I have another big with a clear lead who I MUST have if I don't win both ties. So he's currently ranked as 1B.

    After that, there are 2 point guards I can't decide between. An 0/1 lead I will probably lose because he's high W pref and the team w12 is an NTT #1 seed, but he has great stats (24/4/7/1/0/2), and another PG with tantalizing ratings but less studly stats (EEENEN, 17/3/5/1/0/2). Then just OK guys I'd settle for after that.

    So, if I win BOTH ties, I'd rather have one of the PG's then the net C. So, I'd need to move the net C down from 1B to behind one/both PG's to make sure I'd get one. BUT, if I only win ONE tie, I need the net C (and one of the PG's). If I lose both ties, it won't matter because I'd get the net C and one (or both) PG's.

    Currently My two ties and my net C are all at 10 PP's, with both PG's at 9. I'd like to move one of the PG's ahead of the net C but can't decide which one. Don't want to move both ahead because I don't want to get both PG's if I win one tie, but will take them if I lose both ties. If I win both ties, I don't want the net C, and would let the sim pick which PG I get.

    COnfusing, I know.
    With big ties like that I would assume you're not going to win both and plan accordingly. And I would go for the PG with the better stats.

  7. #3397

    Re: Official DriveTheLane Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Vulpecula View Post
    In L34, Chattanooga again ran the table in the conference regular season. Our rivals, dirtball's Ames team, has provided 2 great games, though.

    Game 1 was a 119-107 barn burner (not OT). Game 2 was 108-102 OT game. Now there will be a Game 3, in the CT title game. I've secured the regular season title and auto-bid, so the pressure's off, but the CT title game has always been a trip up for us in the past. We have blown through the first 2 games, by 54 and 26. In fact, we've blown through the whole conference season, winning by an average MOV of 17.6. We're ranked all they way up at #16, but we've lost to 2 of the only 3 teams ranked higher than #70 that we've played, so I don't expect a final 4 run, lol.
    Game 3 vs. Ames was not great...for them. We won 109-71. This team is playing like a juggernaut, but hasn't played anyone. SOMEHOW we're a #2 seed in the NTT. We're ranked #11 which spells 3 seed, but maybe our splendid MOV moved us up (22.7)? One thing I should point out about this team is that everyone is a great passer. 4 of our 5 starters average more than 4 assists/game. Our PG Zellner just won CPOY, he and Strong were 1TAC, Parker was 2TAC and Blanco and Azeez both made the 1TAF.

    L37 recruiting reveal was great news!

    I have clear leads on a +5/-1, 26/6/1/2/0/2 guard, and a +5/-3, 14/11/2/1/3/2 7 footer. Also a small 3-way tie on a +7/-1, 29/4/2/1/1/1 guard. I have 4 other ties to choose from, as well as 2 close 2nd's, including:

    +8 scouted SF
    +8 scouted guard OOP at SF with poor stats
    +4/-1 scouted 6-8 guy OOP at SG with E rebounding and G defense.
    +5 scouted 6-6 guy OOP at PF
    +4/-1 scouted 6-3 guy OOP at SF
    Last edited by Vulpecula; May 22, 2020 at 05:59 PM.
    2ML 1906, 1928, 1931, 1968, 1990, 1991, 1995
    BD 1993,1994, 2004, 2041, 2044, 2064, 2065
    CBF 2056, 2060, 2071, 2075, 2087, 2088, 2092, 2105,2106,2116,2137,2138
    CWS 1953, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1965, 1971, 1976, 1984
    HR 1903, 1906, 1920, 1921, 1923, 1924, 1926, 1927, 1929, 1934, 1943, 1950, 1953, 1955
    CarL 2026, 2039, 2055
    74-55 WS

  8. #3398
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Vegas
    Posts
    3,841

    Re: Official DriveTheLane Thread

    Look out! Just my 2nd season in Reading and we are going to the NTT for just the 2nd time in program history with a huge upset of Washington in the C1 tournament. Our entire recruiting class from last season made the FR All-Conference list. Looking forward to going 0-6 in the NTT but what a turnaround for this team!

  9. #3399
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Upstate New York
    Posts
    3,053
    Quote Originally Posted by marsupial311 View Post
    Look out! Just my 2nd season in Reading and we are going to the NTT for just the 2nd time in program history with a huge upset of Washington in the C1 tournament. Our entire recruiting class from last season made the FR All-Conference list. Looking forward to going 0-6 in the NTT but what a turnaround for this team!
    Congrats on making the NTT. Someone clearly paid off the refs in this game. We had 19 team fouls to their 6 (6!). Still, congrats, we're still in as a solid 3 seed and will face lastplace's Aspen team.
    "The other team could make trouble for us if they beat us" - Yogi Berra

    CWS:USC Trojans - 2 for 4 WS winners
    WBC: Czech Republic Nároďak - 1 for 4 WS winners, back to back to back promotions (3x), 0 relegations
    EP: Terramuggus Terracotta Terrapins
    GOAT 4: Twin Peaks Tatas

    --
    Former WS winning teams:
    Serengeti Wildebeests (MONEYBALL)
    K-Mart Blackbelts (LEG)

  10. #3400

    Re: Official DriveTheLane Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Vulpecula View Post
    L42 recruiting preview

    3 CL's, 2 0/1 leads, 2 ties

    Clear leads:

    Alexander Howard, 6-4: G scout: G-F+E+P+F with likely G INT (2.72/49) (+4/-1). HS stats (SF): 16/5/2/1/1/1. One of my (many) needs is a better PG, and this guy could be it. OOP at SF, could be pretty decent upgrade at PG.

    Caleb Page, 6-1: F scout: E-E-E+N+N+ with likely E INT (3.90/59) (+8/-4). Major min-max guy, haha. Don't care if a PG can't rebound, but hopefully he can have better athleticism. HS stats (PG): 17/3/5/1/0/2. VERY intriguing scouting, but the stats say he's probably G at all those E's. Would still be a PG upgrade for me.

    Enrique Alston, 6-9: P scout: GF-E-N+F with likely E INT (3.43/52) (+5/-2). FINALLY get a lead on a big, and he's a N rebounder, lol. But, He'd still be a huge upgrade over my current PF or C. HS stats (C): 18/8/3/1/1/1.

    0/1 leads:

    Ryan Ingram, 6-5: P scout: G-EF+F-G- with likely F INT (2.20/54) (+4). HS stats (PF): 7/7/2/1/1/1. Bad stats, but obviously OOP. Might make a passable SF or SG.

    Gabriel Smith, 5-11: G scout: G-N+GFG with likely E INT (2.81/75) (+5/-2). HS stats (PG): 23/4/7/1/0/2. Ratings not bad, stats look great, though that N defense is scary. He'll be my top ranked PG prospect.

    Ties:

    Keion Bently (2), 6-8: E scout: EE-G-G-F+ with likely F INT (2.48/37) (+6). HS stats (C): 22/10/2/2/2/1. 7-way tie. Prefs EEG. Recruit is in region, but so are 4 of the tied teams. ONE is in conference. 2 tied teams are out of region, so this probably comes down to the 4 of us, with an edge to the C12 team. All but one tied team is in NTT, so I'm about dead last there. But I should be as good as any on impact. Probably won't win him, but what a wonderful day it would be if I did.

    Christopher Belville (21), 6-10: E scout: GGF-G+G- with likely E INT (3.82/62). HS stats (PF): 14/10/3/1/3/1. 4-way tie. Prefs: G-G-G+. Also in region, also C12 (I'm C11). Tied teams are all in region, with 2 of them being C12. Only one is NTT (also C12) so they have the advantage, probably. But, again, I'm as good as any for impact. Probably 20% chance of winning him.
    Now I'm thinking about dropping out of L42. For the second in as many seasons, the only big man I had a lead on snubbed me, and I lost all ties. I'm now 0/3 on ties and 1/4 on 0/1 leads. So I got a bunch more guards! Great. How am I supposed to play this game? I was hoping to move my +8 6-6 JR down to SG, but now he has to play frickin C. Seriously if I can't even land LEADS what am I supposed to do?

    Here's who I got:

    Alexander Howard, 6-4: G scout said G scout: G-F+E+P+F with likely G INT (2.72/49) (+4/-1), Actual: GFGFGF (+3). He was 2nd to last in PP's on my list. HS stats (SF): 16/5/2/1/1/1/3 on 42/30/74/49 shooting. I was thinking he'd convert nicely to SG, but all the way up at 6-4, he'll probably have to be a PF for me, lol.

    I wound up with both PG's I was wringing my hands over:

    Caleb Page, 6-1: F scout: E-E-E+N+N+ with likely E INT (3.90/59) (+8/-4), actual: GEGFEP (+6/-1). HS Stats (PG): 17/3/5/1/0/2/3 on 46/33/73/54 shooting. This is a good player. Maybe someday he'll have someone to pass to. Probably gets pressed into SG duty.

    Gabriel Smith, 5-11: G scout: G-N+GFG with likely E INT (2.81/75) (+5/-2), Actual: GPGFEG (+5/-1). HS stats (PG): 23/3/7/1/0/2/3 on 50/38/68/57 shooting. This guy looks like a real talent. He's probably the best of my 6 players that should be PG's.

    My two max ties I figured I would lose because they had high win prefs. BUT, both of them went to losing teams, just to mock me.

    This is the #149 (134/170) class. 6th best in a bad conference.
    2ML 1906, 1928, 1931, 1968, 1990, 1991, 1995
    BD 1993,1994, 2004, 2041, 2044, 2064, 2065
    CBF 2056, 2060, 2071, 2075, 2087, 2088, 2092, 2105,2106,2116,2137,2138
    CWS 1953, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1965, 1971, 1976, 1984
    HR 1903, 1906, 1920, 1921, 1923, 1924, 1926, 1927, 1929, 1934, 1943, 1950, 1953, 1955
    CarL 2026, 2039, 2055
    74-55 WS

Page 340 of 341 FirstFirst ... 240290330338339340341 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •