View Poll Results: Does ACL have Preseason Free Agents each year? If so, how many?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • No, no PSFAs.

0 0%
  • Yes, have 2-6 each season.

6 66.67%
  • Yes, have 7-10 each season

2 22.22%
  • Yes, have 11+ each season.

1 11.11%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Continue With Preseason Free Agents?

Re: Continue With Preseason Free Agents?

I still like the 2-6 FA's. It's just enough to keep the top teams (which are normally more active anyways) from getting even more great players while helping the mid to low teams get that "shot in the arm" they need to contend. If the top teams want one of these FA's, our cap is just right to where they'd have to drop someone of relevance, at least that's the decision I had to make in my ONLY FA signing since we started doing it.
    ACL - Washington Nationals
    Red Sox Nation - Durham Bulls
    Spring Training - Manchester United
    Baseball Dynasty - West KY Muggy
    MLB Classic - Chicago White Sox
    MLB Throwback - Philadelphia Athletics

I'm in favor of more. The percentage of really good players is still fairly low and more would give a better change of 5-10 good players.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpe Dispensers View Post
    I still like the 2-6 FA's. It's just enough to keep the top teams (which are normally more active anyways) from getting even more great players while helping the mid to low teams get that "shot in the arm" they need to contend. If the top teams want one of these FA's, our cap is just right to where they'd have to drop someone of relevance, at least that's the decision I had to make in my ONLY FA signing since we started doing it.
    I would totally agree with this if the 2-6 FAs were mostly starting level players, but usually they are not. To get 2-6 starting level FAs you almost have to go to the 10-12 level. The point you made in the latter part of your post is what makes me okay with an increase, because when a strong team signs one of these guys, he usually has to drop a good player to get him (that has also been my experience....several other teams have benefited from all-star players I have dropped, like Marcus Addison and Jess Pendleton).

I don't want to go any higher.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12