Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Louisville Bats

Re: Louisville Bats

Welcome!
    Oakland Athletics - Remake MLB (just got there in 2137)
    Williamsburg TriPowers - Psi Phi (World Series 2078)
    Howlin' Wolf - Hippystock Moshpit (lost Conference Series in 1983)
    St. Louis Cardinals - Dynasty (well not much to show, but it's a league with no scouting and lots of ill-humored owners)

(for more info, see my user record in CSFBL)

Thanks! I am looking forward to it.

Welcome
    Franchise Four
    Founder [ReMake Community, MLB ReMake, AAA ReMake, AA ReMake]
    AA ReMake Commissioner (2124-Present)

Not sure if this had anything to do with the June 8 update, but I had a number of better pitchers dropped earlier in spring training and replaced with very bad free agents. Though salary cap seems fine. Somewhat confusing...

It looks a lot like someone did that deliberately. I don't know what kind of glitch could do that. Your close to top 5 pitchers dropped and replaced by the cheapest 5.
    At the end of last season you had 2 players retire and no AAA replacements, so 2 FA had to be signed. That may have triggered something.

Without looking into it too much, is it possible the previous owner was trying to land some PSFA? Could have put in a bunch of cuts in order to make a large bid on someone--the bid doesn't win but the cuts still go through.

I have owned the team for several seasons, and don't recall making any bids earlier in the season that would have dropped my best players. The only ones I did do was to try and resign those former players that somehow got dropped (during which I guess I did not bid high enough). Anyway, kind of hollows out my team now. Will try and reconstruct it a bit through available free agents, but must admit this is very disappointing.

Oh, I misunderstood originally. Then yeah, that's pretty weird.

At least from the transaction history, the sign-and-drop looks to be what happened given everything processed on 3/8. If you didn't put bids in on the free agents though, no clue what could have caused it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12