Thread: 1990 Season - Iowa Trade Block

1990 Season - Iowa Trade Block

The Bankers have the look of a .500 type of team this season. Since we compete in the very difficult All-Day Division, an average record isn't close to good enough to challenge for a playoff berth.

So contenders, this message is for you. My Iowa team has some very talented players who are in the prime of their careers, which means there are guys on my roster who have the ability to take your club from playoff caliber to World Series favorite. These players are all available if you are willing to provide multiple young prospects in return. All positions are welcome, but I will look more favorably on your offer if it includes high ceiling talent at P, C, SS, and/or CF.

Here are your primary targets:

P Charles Wimer (L, age 31, 10th season. 9x All-Star, 2x Cy Young): To put it simply, he is the best pitcher in BCP league history, and there isn't really an argument for anyone else. An All-Star in every season in his career, a 198-78 record, and a career 3.16 ERA and 1.26 WHIP. In a five man rotation he has been a horse, throwing over 250 innings/season every year of his career. His ratings show no signs of a decline, and for an ace he has a reasonable $4.5M contract. He also has pitched well during 6 trips to the playoffs. If you want a difference maker at the top of your rotation, then this is your guy. He won't come cheap, but he'll be worth the investment if you truly want to win it all.

3B/1B/OF James Davis (R, age 31, 5th season, 2x All-Star): He is firmly in the MVP discussion this season, with a slash line of .302/.376/.647 and 23 HR/61 RBI. During his first four seasons he has increased his HR totals every year, from 30 to 48, and is currently on pace to blast 65 homers this season in a home park that is not conducive for right handed power hitters. He also has played several positions defensively. With his 91 EN he can play every day without needing rest. Much like Wimer, Davis can be an absolute difference maker for any contending team that needs another elite bat in the lineup. Best of all his contract of $2.6M makes him a steal.

I have other veterans that could be dealt, but these two are the studs you need to bring home the trophy. PM me your strongest offers as both guys can certainly be moved.

Re: 1990 Season - Iowa Trade Block

James Davis through 72 games - nearly 1/2 the season - is on pace to hit 71 HR with 178 RBI.

He costs just $2.6M.

Contending teams with multiple high ceiling prospects should be very interested in this guy.
    Blue Chips Prospects - Iowa Bankers
    Classic Prospects - Iowa Christians
    MLB Str8 8s - San Francisco Giants