Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: MLB Prospects 1983 Block Draft. Done

Re: MLB Prospects 1983 Block Draft. Done

OK... thats great! I wasn't asking out of frustration (I apologize if it sounded that way)... I just was unsure what was going on. I joined this league last year just after the draft. So I didn't understand how we were drafting. I was surprised when when I saw we were gonna draft so early on the forum. Then I figured out the forum block draft part... then we went back to autodraft... just caught me off guard I guess.

I have played CSFBL previously (always autodraft leagues)... so this was all new to me.

I will say:

I liked having the draft in the forum by block. It makes a ton of sense to me to do that. I'd also be very willing to do a daily pick draft. That makes even more sense to me.

I also agree that the 3rd round is usually not very important, so I can see autodrafting just that round (though I felt like there were still some interesting players left in this league in round 3 this year).

I also apologize for not having my 2nd round pick list ready... I was away at a conference for work... then forgot when I got home (my pick was due that day)... so, just a timing issue. I like the guy I got, so no complaints!

I would be very happy to continue our annual draft with this format (or even better... the daily pick format). But as you noted, the entire league tends to just autodraft. Maybe we shouldn't fight that? Just a thought. Maybe do an entire autodraft next season... then maybe all us owners will appreciate the advantage of getting to block draft, or daily draft, in the forum!

Thanks much,
    Dave S

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States

Re: MLB Prospects 1983 Block Draft. Done

Quote Originally Posted by davels View Post
    OK... thats great! I wasn't asking out of frustration (I apologize if it sounded that way)... I just was unsure what was going on. I joined this league last year just after the draft. So I didn't understand how we were drafting. I was surprised when when I saw we were gonna draft so early on the forum. Then I figured out the forum block draft part... then we went back to autodraft... just caught me off guard I guess.

I have played CSFBL previously (always autodraft leagues)... so this was all new to me.

I will say:

I liked having the draft in the forum by block. It makes a ton of sense to me to do that. I'd also be very willing to do a daily pick draft. That makes even more sense to me.

I also agree that the 3rd round is usually not very important, so I can see autodrafting just that round (though I felt like there were still some interesting players left in this league in round 3 this year).

I also apologize for not having my 2nd round pick list ready... I was away at a conference for work... then forgot when I got home (my pick was due that day)... so, just a timing issue. I like the guy I got, so no complaints!

I would be very happy to continue our annual draft with this format (or even better... the daily pick format). But as you noted, the entire league tends to just autodraft. Maybe we shouldn't fight that? Just a thought. Maybe do an entire autodraft next season... then maybe all us owners will appreciate the advantage of getting to block draft, or daily draft, in the forum!

Thanks much,
    Dave S
    sorry this is late but good points, these mentor leagues have a lot of new owners so the LIVE draft concept gets a little lost. Once you get into a Private league with a bunch of veteran owners the AUTO picks are less frequent. Dont be worried about expressing your thoughts, its good for the game.
    Remake AAA Syracuse Chiefs
    PGML Cuban's Sharks
    KBL Buntsville Squeeze
    MLB Classic KC Royals
    BD Philly Whiz Kids
    MLBM Sacramento Grey Caps

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123