Thread: FA bidding bug?

FA bidding bug?

I am hoping someone can look into this for me or explain it to me because I can't figure out why the game won't let me have multiple FA bids.

First, let me start with saying that I am in a league with a cap of 55 mil, my team salary currently is at 54976 mil, so I am under the cap. I have a transaction out right now where I am dropping a 2B from my active roster that is making 2.002 mil and I am trying to pick up a 2B with exp making 968K. So, I would actually be under the cap even more after this transaction.

Now, here is my problem. I am trying to bid on another player that is making 2.394 million. The players I want to put in the transaction are a AAA 1B making 163K, a AAA P making 270K, and an active roster CF making 2.188 mil. The player that I want to acquire has EXP so he would go right into the active roster spot of the CF I am dropping.

None of the players that I am wanting to use in the 2nd transaction are involved in the 1st one I listed. So, could someone please tell me why I can't complete a bid for the player making 2.394 million?

I have no other pending transactions with any players involved in the 2nd deal. Please help or explain.

Re: FA bidding bug?

The issue is that the cost of pending bids is counted and the savings of pending drops is not counted. This issue is going to be fixed with CSFBL's July release. I know that doesn't help today and I'm sorry for the inconvenience. But it will be addressed soon.

Thanks Smittias! I just saw this thread after having the same problem in Tilted Tables. Is there something that owners can do to work around this temporarily?

Yeah, I had trouble in Tilted Tables myself, wanted to sign a 1.591 M LF and drop a 1.8M 3B prospect whose salary rose way faster than his development (which was only going to mediocre anyway). It sat on the transactions page for near 2 league weeks.

I cancelled the offer cut the prospects and re-offered to the LF, and he took it quickly. (don't know if that will help you specifically Matthiaos, since I was only able to do because I had spare space and all)

Quote Originally Posted by Matthaios View Post
    Thanks Smittias! I just saw this thread after having the same problem in Tilted Tables. Is there something that owners can do to work around this temporarily?
    No, sadly there are no work arounds.
    CBF - San Fran Fighting George Takeis (2018 - ) - WS ('36, '54, '61)
    RTTB - St. Louis Cardinals (1975 - ) - WS('85*, '86*,87*)
    Alphabet Soup - Name Pending (1981 - ) - WS('81*)

8-10 in World Series

Shameless plug:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...er?id=BT+Games

Also available on Kindle Fire and Nabi Tablets

"I read all of avidmar's post in the voice of Sam the Eagle." - Comfortablylomb

Quote Originally Posted by DTCT View Post
    Yeah, I had trouble in Tilted Tables myself, wanted to sign a 1.591 M LF and drop a 1.8M 3B prospect whose salary rose way faster than his development (which was only going to mediocre anyway). It sat on the transactions page for near 2 league weeks.

I cancelled the offer cut the prospects and re-offered to the LF, and he took it quickly. (don't know if that will help you specifically Matthiaos, since I was only able to do because I had spare space and all)
    That sounds like a different problem. It seems like you somehow managed to modify your roster in between the time your bid was placed and the time it got processed. It's possible to do that by accident.

Say you have 1 hitter in AAA, and submit a bid for a hitter, with 2 pending drops of hitters (but not the AAA guy). At the time your bid is submitted, you have 15 hitters on active and AAA. Executing the pending drops (-2) and adding the FA (+1) leaves you with 14 active hitters, which is perfect.

If you were to drop the AAA guy before the bid is processed, then your bid cannot be processed, because it will leave your roster invalid. You now would only have 14 hitters at the start of the evaluation. Executing the pending drops (-2) and adding the FA (+1) would leave you with just 13 hitters, which is an illegal roster. If the game determines that dropping the pending players will leave you with an invalid roster, it just skips your bid. It will not allow you to create an illegal roster and auto-fill it with scrubs, such as it does with retirements and trades. Rather than cancel your bid, it just gets skipped every day, similar to if you have a full minor league system and you place bids.

Since you are saying you cancelled the bid and resubmitted a new one which was accepted almost right away, it leads me to believe this is what happened.
    CBF - San Fran Fighting George Takeis (2018 - ) - WS ('36, '54, '61)
    RTTB - St. Louis Cardinals (1975 - ) - WS('85*, '86*,87*)
    Alphabet Soup - Name Pending (1981 - ) - WS('81*)

8-10 in World Series

Shameless plug:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...er?id=BT+Games

Also available on Kindle Fire and Nabi Tablets

"I read all of avidmar's post in the voice of Sam the Eagle." - Comfortablylomb

Quote Originally Posted by DTCT View Post
    I am happy to report that all of my bids seem to have gone through. How this happened I am not sure since I did not do anything specific that I can recall.

Quote Originally Posted by avidmar1978 View Post
    That sounds like a different problem. It seems like you somehow managed to modify your roster in between the time your bid was placed and the time it got processed. It's possible to do that by accident.
    Can't say for sure, but maybe this is what happened for me, too, LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by avidmar1978 View Post

Say you have 1 hitter in AAA, and submit a bid for a hitter, with 2 pending drops of hitters (but not the AAA guy). At the time your bid is submitted, you have 15 hitters on active and AAA. Executing the pending drops (-2) and adding the FA (+1) leaves you with 14 active hitters, which is perfect.

If you were to drop the AAA guy before the bid is processed, then your bid cannot be processed, because it will leave your roster invalid. You now would only have 14 hitters at the start of the evaluation. Executing the pending drops (-2) and adding the FA (+1) would leave you with just 13 hitters, which is an illegal roster. If the game determines that dropping the pending players will leave you with an invalid roster, it just skips your bid. It will not allow you to create an illegal roster and auto-fill it with scrubs, such as it does with retirements and trades. Rather than cancel your bid, it just gets skipped every day, similar to if you have a full minor league system and you place bids.

Since you are saying you cancelled the bid and resubmitted a new one which was accepted almost right away, it leads me to believe this is what happened.
    Well, he is the only player I have signed, and 3B prospect excepted all my other release have been pitchers.