Thread: Texas Rangers talk

Texas Rangers talk

We’re all baseball fans but we don’t talk very much about real baseball. So let’s start a thread per team and see if anything develops.

Let’s see how many fans CSFBL has for every MLB team. If you’re a Rangers fan, post in this thread.

Post something simple like “hello” so we know how many of you there are. Or tell us why you became a fan. Share your favorite memory, favorite player, favorite game, brush with greatness…whatever. Brag about the team. Complain about the team. Trades they should make. Free agents they should go after. Videos of top plays or epic fails. Articles or blog posts of interest. You get the idea. If you’re really a Lone Star fan….then show it.

Also, Red Sox Nation, Cards Clubhouse and Wrigleyville are all very active and successful CSFBL leagues. If there are enough of you, maybe we’ll get a Rangers themed league started. So if that's of any interest to you, you can mention that here too.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Never miss an important date in your league! Opt-In to receive reminder emails (6 emails per season).
    "Enable" league email notifications here >> http://www.csfbl.com/account.asp

Re: Texas Rangers talk

I didn't really become a Rangers fan until I moved to the DFW area to go to college. I've always been a fan of catchers so grew up liking Jim Sundberg. I had cousins that grew up Rangers fans so caught a few games from time to time when I visited.

I'm originally from Minnesota so it is an odd coincidence that the two teams that I follow both came from Washington. I'm a huge Pudge fan and happy to see him make the Hall. Maybe they will put it together soon and win a World Series, but they have a huge up hill battle on that front now.

When living in Minnesota, one of my gym teachers was Jim Comer, brother of Steve Comer. Steve Comer was a pitcher for the Rangers in the late 70's and early 80's. Steve paid us a visit one day and I got his autograph. I think that I still have it somewhere. I've never been much for getting autographs, but had a friend that did when I was in college. We use to hang out around Arlington Stadium and the nearby hotel for him to collect autographs so we met Bobby Valentine and a lot of the players of that era in the AL.

Jim Sundberg became a hero for my Royals in 85 as the starting catcher on their 1st world championship team.
    Peace. (Psalm 29:11)

Darrel
    Oklahoma

The history and story of Major League Baseball legend, Jim Sundberg. ... for the Iowa Hawkeyes in 1972 when they became the Big 10 and District 4 Champs. ... Rangers manager, Billy Martin, tapped Jim as his starting catcher. ... Jim was a member of the 1985 World Champion Kansas City Royals.
    Ali jan

I've watched a couple of games in Texas, the first was the Royals beating the Rangers with Bo Jackson hitting a couple of deep flies for homers and Danny Tartabull hitting a line drive homer. The 2nd was a forgettable game (which I can't remember) that was delayed by a thunderstorm.
    Peace. (Psalm 29:11)

Darrel
    Oklahoma