Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Philadelphia Phillies talk

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States

Re: Philadelphia Phillies talk

its interesting, this tread was created by Smittias in '17 probably when the forums were active and he wanted to drum up as much as possible but since ive stumbled over it again i'll add some recent thought especially with the trade deadline looming and the team out of the current hunt.

I read an interesting story about Cutch, In the 1st season of his contract with Philly he went down with an injury early, the 2nd was shortened by covid and now this 3rd season he started out awful and has turned it on. He made the comment that Philly hasnt seen him beyond 50 games which is when he thinks he starts to make strides.

Hoskins is really streaky and nothing has changed, I dont get into all the new metrics in baseball especially defensive but he plays a decent 1B to the eye and I get to see him as the home town team.

Bohm is another one that plays the position well at times, but it has always been the thing the team knew he had to improve. His sophomore has been bad all around and he's been bitten by the injury bug.

Nola having an off season but has been picked up by Wheeler's amazing season.

Looks like Moniack is gonna be a bust

we'll see how it plays out the 2021 team isnt good enough and I dont think a move or two will change it.
    KBL Buntsville Squeeze
    BD Philly Whiz Kids
    Brockmire- Philadelphia Stars
    TDD- New York Knights

Quote Originally Posted by bobcat1018 View Post
    we'll see how it plays out the 2021 team isnt good enough and I dont think a move or two will change it.
    This is a .500 team in a poor division. I'd argue the Phillies need to take advantage of a surprise down year for the Braves, so buying at the deadline seems reasonable to me.
    Psi Phi: Williamsburg Tribe Power (Comm)
    Justice: Jefferson Airplanes ('22)
    TDD: Richmond Rebels (Comm) ('92, '99, '00, '34)
    Psi Sigma: Dillard Dictators (Comm) ('07, '49, '56)
    LCL: NY Lawn Mowers ('93)
    ANB: Edison Electricity ('23, "53)
    BBL: Philadelphia Federalists ('06, '29, '34, '38)
    Recycler: NOVA No Doze ('98, '00, '09, '19)
    VLR: Amritsar Destroyers ('98)
    EBB: Pennsylvania Powder Kegs ('36, '69)
    IBA: Lahaina Luau
    LOL: Fargo Frostbite
    CBF: Cradock Diablos ('59)

23/58 in World Series

Quote Originally Posted by smartbenny24 View Post
    This is a .500 team in a poor division. I'd argue the Phillies need to take advantage of a surprise down year for the Braves, so buying at the deadline seems reasonable to me.
    Even if they don't make the postseason this year, I think they should grab a starter that's also locked up through 2022, and I think dealing a fringe MLB guy like Moniak or Haseley and a few low minors arms for Gibson would be a step in the right direction for them. I'd really like to see the Phils go on a streak and win the NL East, they're only 3.5 GB right now!
    When you come to a fork in the road, take it.

- Yogi Berra

Quote Originally Posted by Uyt236 View Post
    Lhu is a baller

Quote Originally Posted by lhu167 View Post
    Even if they don't make the postseason this year, I think they should grab a starter that's also locked up through 2022, and I think dealing a fringe MLB guy like Moniak or Haseley and a few low minors arms for Gibson would be a step in the right direction for them. I'd really like to see the Phils go on a streak and win the NL East, they're only 3.5 GB right now!
    Thanks for listening to my prayers, Mr. Dombrowski
    When you come to a fork in the road, take it.

- Yogi Berra

Quote Originally Posted by Uyt236 View Post
    Lhu is a baller

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12