Thread: New York Yankees talk

New York Yankees talk

We’re all baseball fans but we don’t talk very much about real baseball. So let’s start a thread per team and see if anything develops.

Let’s see how many fans CSFBL has for every MLB team. If you’re a Yankees fan, post in this thread.

Post something simple like “hello” so we know how many of you there are. Or tell us why you became a fan. Share your favorite memory, favorite player, favorite game, brush with greatness…whatever. Brag about the team. Complain about the team. Trades they should make. Free agents they should go after. Videos of top plays or epic fails. Articles or blog posts of interest. You get the idea. If you prefer to wear Pinstripes….then show it.

Also, Red Sox Nation, Cards Clubhouse and Wrigleyville are all very active and successful CSFBL leagues. If there are enough of you, maybe we’ll get a Yankees themed league started. So if that's of any interest to you, you can mention that here too.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Never miss an important date in your league! Opt-In to receive reminder emails (6 emails per season).
    "Enable" league email notifications here >> http://www.csfbl.com/account.asp

Re: New York Yankees talk

Derek Jeter was my childhood hero. Also like Mantle, Soriano, Sheffield, Matsui, Mussina, Rivera, Cano, and Judge obviously.

Can't wait to see Judge carry the Yanks to the playoffs, win the HR derby, ROTY and MVP.
    I think Jordan Montgomery is a solid pitcher also. Been on my fantasy team since april
    Last edited by Luke_T; July 8, 2017 at 09:01 PM.
    "I just think positive energy is dope" -Von Miller
    Faves: Jeter/Vlad/Junior/Sheff/Solarte
    2016: 3,437-3,070 (.528) ~ 4 WS
    2017: 4,153-3,477 (.544) ~ 3 WS

Sweet-Atlanta Braves(1878- )1886, 1888, 1891, 1892
    TML-Anaheim Angels(1959- )1964, 1966, 1967, 1968, 1972
    CarL-Kingston Clownfish(2017- )2022, 2027
    LEG-Juan More Inning(2033- )
    BD-OC Juicy Fruit(2034- )2038
    WCB-Venezuela Carabobos(1925- )1925
    Spell-Expletive Flyers(1990- )
    DB-Sheffield Shakes(1950- )
    GOAT-Squirtle Squad(1994- )
    Other League's WS:1-1

Judge is pretty good

Quote Originally Posted by smittias View Post
    Judge is pretty good
    Haha i called the derby. Those 500 footers were something else
    "I just think positive energy is dope" -Von Miller
    Faves: Jeter/Vlad/Junior/Sheff/Solarte
    2016: 3,437-3,070 (.528) ~ 4 WS
    2017: 4,153-3,477 (.544) ~ 3 WS

Sweet-Atlanta Braves(1878- )1886, 1888, 1891, 1892
    TML-Anaheim Angels(1959- )1964, 1966, 1967, 1968, 1972
    CarL-Kingston Clownfish(2017- )2022, 2027
    LEG-Juan More Inning(2033- )
    BD-OC Juicy Fruit(2034- )2038
    WCB-Venezuela Carabobos(1925- )1925
    Spell-Expletive Flyers(1990- )
    DB-Sheffield Shakes(1950- )
    GOAT-Squirtle Squad(1994- )
    Other League's WS:1-1

I've been a fan my whole life because of my grandfather. He grew up in New York City and loved the Yankees and hated every other team that ever touched New York (he hated the Mets more than the Red Sox but to be fair.. the Sox never won a World Series in his lifetime). When I was a kid, he got me a ton of historic baseball memorabilia and basically anything with DiMaggio or Mantle he passed on to me which really got me interested in baseball history in general. He took me to the Baseball Hall of Fame in 1996 after the Yankees won the World Series (granted, it was less than an hour from where we lived, I'll always remember the first visit). He came home from a trip to Yankee Stadium one time with a story that he caught a home run from Tim Raines barehanded and got a game used signed bat from Raines for the ball. He was in his late 70's at the time but I still believe him and have the bat in my old room at my parent's house.

I've certainly followed "real" baseball a lot less since then but the Yankees will always be my team and watching those title runs in the late 90's with him before he passed away will always be special to me.
    7-1 in World Series

College Baseball (1-0)
    Psi Sigma (3-0)
    Dream Power League (3-1)

I've been a Yankee fan since I was in the womb. My grandfather, an italian immigrant in NYC, loved them. Many memories of watching games on TV with him. I remember when they would drive relief pitchers from the bullpen to the pitcher's mound. And, "You know what happens when a Yankee hits a home run. This Bud's for you." And "Holy Cow! Did you see that, White!"

I grew up about 45 minutes from the Tappan Zee and would go to an occasional game as a kid.

I was hospitalized for a month at Westchester Medical Center with major surgery in '87. It was during Mattingly's eight-game HR streak. It kept me looking forward to something.

As an adult, I dropped a Bernie Williams line drive HR in the front row of the short porch. I had to reach, okay? I almost fell off the upper deck.

I'm shocked that they're playing so well this season. Honestly didn't see this happening.

I'm a long-time Royals fan, so I've still not forgiven them for the 76, 77 and 78 playoffs. When I was growing up, Bobby Richardson was one of my favorite players, even had a "Bobby Richardson" glove.
    Peace. (Psalm 29:11)

Darrel
    Oklahoma