Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Auto picks

Re: Auto picks

True

Envoy
    Owner of :
    Binopolis Blue Sox (BCP) *est.1982
    Binopolis Red Sox (RHP) *day 1 WS Finalist 1981 Division Finalist 1982 ; 1983
    Binopolis Classic Sox(Classic Prospect) *day 1 WS Finalist 1981
    Bowie Baysox (MLB - ReMake AA) *est. 2088 WS CHAMP 2088 WS Finalist 2089
    Gwinnett Braves (MLB - ReMake AA) *est. 2091
    Kansas City Monarchs (TCB) *est. 1983
    St Louis Cardinals (TML) *est. 1963 WS Finalist 1964 Division Finalist 1963, 1966 Conference Finalist 1967

Best scenario I see is drop them to bottom of block

Quote Originally Posted by gsabino View Post
    True

Envoy

I think it just needs to stay like it is now. Wherever your team is ordered to pick, you should get a selection of players suitable to you for your spot based on your teams record regardless of auto pick or not. The question is, what is the real issue here, penalizing owners for not being as active as you think they should be or getting a better pick than you should just because you actively showed up to draft?

If the issue is really lack of activity, those teams are already behind the curve. Those owners miss out on free agents and trading opportunities. Their activity level isn't going to improve by penalizing them in any way, much less taking or reordering their picks. It's just going to give them more reason not to login.

If the issue is getting better players than what your team would or should from the original draft order, well that upsets the balance. Your team should get its choice of players where it is ordered from its performance level of the season before. If you want a better drafting position than that, you should be trading for a higher pick and giving up talent to get it.

The real problem with inactivity isn't the draft, in my opinion, it's finding active trade partners.

Sent from my iPhone using CSFBL

In my football championship league I simply penalise the auto team by not giving them the 'best' player available and save them for the next managers.
    I don't go mad and pick low players, but ones just off the top of the best available.
    Giving managers that do pick their first choice when possible and not autopicking that player also helps.
    And another thing is that I tend to switch the autopicks for the clubs with position players and pitchers. So if they get a pitcher in round one they can't have another and vice versa.
    I am trying to strike the balance between rewarding those that pick and encourage activity, whilst not sacrificing the futures of the non-draftee.
    Also I tend to look more favourably on those that have picked before and miss one, over those that NEVER send a selection.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12