Thread: The free agent draft is over...now what?

The free agent draft is over...now what?

The free agent draft is over and each of you now have 2 new stars on your team. I hope you all are happy with your new players and exciting for the season to begin. I want to pass along the schedule as we all prepare for MLB Prospect's first opening day.

The sims will be un-paused on Thursday April 20th at roughly 12:30pm eastern. At that point, the preseason will officially begin with the calendar turning to 3/1/1981 at 3pm eastern. We will be running at 8 sims per day so the preseason will start moving pretty quickly. There are still some very nice looking players that went un-drafted. Here's the list of available free agents. GET YOUR BIDS IN QUICKLY. The free agents will start accepting offers on Friday so don't wait.

The preseason takes 4 real-life days so the regular season will begin on Monday April 24. You should check in with your mentor to go over your team settings and such. Before April 1st, you should 1) make sure your allocations are set (EVERY team should have full allocations in year one) 2) Set your stadium dimensions and stadium name 3) Set any Low Minors position changes that you want to make. Also, if you have any players on your team that need to move to low minors, you can ask me or your mentor to move them for you. But that's not critical before 4/1.

For more, check out the handy Preseason Checklist on the CSFBL Wiki.

I think those are the major points, but please speak up with any questions on the preseason process or anything else.

Good luck in year 1!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Never miss an important date in your league! Opt-In to receive reminder emails (6 emails per season).
    "Enable" league email notifications here >>
    http://www.csfbl.com/account.asp

Re: The free agent draft is over...now what?

The league has been un-paused. Welcome to Spring Training!

22 free agents just signed with 10 different teams. Nice work people.

David Gross (3B) Signed by Adelaide Bite
    James Scott (2B) Signed by Adelaide Bite
    William Anderson (P) Signed by Chattanooga Johnny Rebs
    Howard Smith (CF) Signed by Chattanooga Johnny Rebs
    Lyle Flores (3B) Signed by Dayton Rebels
    Frank Lee (P) Signed by Daytona Wave Riders
    Stephen Christopher (SS) Signed by MP 19
    Warren Majeski (P) Signed by MP 19
    Bruce Diaz (P) Signed by MP 19
    Owen Thomas (RF) Signed by MP 19
    Miguel Bacon (P) Signed by Murray Go Rounds
    Lawrence Washington (SS) Signed by South Park Angry Beavers
    Gordie Clifton (1B) Signed by South Park Angry Beavers
    Todd Palacios (P) Signed by Texas Yager Bombers
    Larry Castillo (P) Signed by Winnipeg Beach Buoys
    Albert Deweese (2B) Signed by Wounded Knee WagonBurners
    Michael Martinez (1B) Signed by Wounded Knee WagonBurners
    Harry Judy (P) Signed by Wounded Knee WagonBurners
    Arnold Stanley (LF) Signed by Wounded Knee WagonBurners
    Bernie Davis (C) Signed by Wounded Knee WagonBurners
    Brian Culp (RF) Signed by Wounded Knee WagonBurners
    Richard Schmid (SS) Signed by Wounded Knee WagonBurners

I bid on four players, and didn't get any of them... and I was only a total of $1k under the bids of the other teams. What did I do wrong?

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States

Quote Originally Posted by DaveW View Post
    I bid on four players, and didn't get any of them... and I was only a total of $1k under the bids of the other teams. What did I do wrong?
    the theory is that there are a few factors involved in who ends up with the players in FA. Need is supposed to be 1 of these, if you have 4 SS on the roster you might lose a player to a lower bid. Some believe there is a magic number that you need to bid above the competition. Ive seen all sorts of things happen here. The beauty here is that its year 1 so dont get to upset over it. Sorry I missed you recently when you reached out to me. I think some times when I check via mobile it loots like i'm available but i'm not. Feel free to PM and i'll get back when i'm home.

Bob
    Remake Toronto Blue Jays
    PGML Cuban's Sharks
    KBL Buntsville Squeeze
    MLB Classic KC Royals
    BD Philly Whiz Kids
    MLBM Sacramento Grey Caps
    LEG Montigny Cougars

Man, talk about some minor league payrolls. I scanned the League financials pages and noticed some of you have exceeded the 45M mark on you active rosters. This is totally acceptable however it will mean you wont have 10/10 allocations for all FOAs. I'd encourage all of you to think about this because even though youve signed a slew of players you want to be able to develop them to the highest of your abilities, or you might want to make a trade and if you have less then 10/10 scouting for a position you're trading for you will be that much off from seeing the best available numbers possible.

If you have some scrubs, making less money they someone on youre active roster you should consider moving them up to active until 4/1, after that flip occurs you can fully set your roster and you will have 10/10 across the board for youre 1st season in MLB Prospects. Feel free to respond if you need any further explanation or send a PM.

I hope that everyone realizes that 5Million in each catagory is the maximum allocation needed to have 10/10 scouting. anything more is a waste.
    Remake Toronto Blue Jays
    PGML Cuban's Sharks
    KBL Buntsville Squeeze
    MLB Classic KC Royals
    BD Philly Whiz Kids
    LEG Montigny Cougars

I figure I can put my active list the way I want it for the season, then before 4/1 move players between my AAA and Active list to drop to $45-, and then on 4/1 switch it back. It shouldn't be more than a couple players that need to be moved, so maybe use the SP4/SP5 slots for this.

Getting everything worked out now this way lets me work on line-ups and my depth chart prior to 4/1, so I'm not rushed there. Also, if I am just moving pitchers back and forth, these things (line-ups and depth chart) won't change.

Also, I think you can go up around 46 million and still get all 10's due to rounding. $65 million - 4x $4,751k = 45,996k

Oh, I also finally got a player from FA. Someone bid a good bit higher than I did on him, so top dollar isn't always the most important factor. The silly computer finally figured out that I really needed someone, I guess.

Dave
    Last edited by DaveW; April 22, 2017 at 09:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveW View Post
    I figure I can put my active list the way I want it for the season, then before 4/1 move players between my AAA and Active list to drop to $45-, and then on 4/1 switch it back. It shouldn't be more than a couple players that need to be moved, so maybe use the SP4/SP5 slots for this.

Getting everything worked out now this way lets me work on line-ups and my depth chart prior to 4/1, so I'm not rushed there. Also, if I am just moving pitchers back and forth, these things (line-ups and depth chart) won't change.

Also, I think you can go up around 46 million and still get all 10's due to rounding. $65 million - 4x $4,751k = 45,996k

Oh, I also finally got a player from FA. Someone bid a good bit higher than I did on him, so top dollar isn't always the most important factor. The silly computer finally figured out that I really needed someone, I guess.

Dave
    Nice. and you are correct and i hope everyone realizes 10/10 requires on 4.75M
    Remake Toronto Blue Jays
    PGML Cuban's Sharks
    KBL Buntsville Squeeze
    MLB Classic KC Royals
    BD Philly Whiz Kids
    LEG Montigny Cougars