Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 2067 LoC draft lottery - POSTPONED

Re: 2067 LoC draft lottery

I apologize for my part in escalating this. I am typically a peace-keeper. I don't want to stir the pot any more than I already have.

That said, I will repeat 1 point...You are asking the league to create a giant loophole that allows owners to swap teams to avoid penalties. I am totally opposed to this. IMO, you can't trade teams to avoid a penalty just like you can't trade draft picks to avoid a penalty.

That being said, here are the options and where things stand...

I got stuck with running the lottery when it got abandoned, so I get to set it up, and this is how its set up. But I am only 1 of 24 owners here. So if you are asking me to change my mind and set it up differently...I'm sorry, I have not changed my mind. If you are asking the league to vote on this, that is totally fair and well within your right. If that's the case, we need to cancel today's lottery and post a poll and do a quick survey. I'm totally fine with this if you or anyone thinks we should do it. If so, speak up in the next hour. HJ, maybe you want to post the poll if KP requests it? If not requested, I'd say we proceed with my lottery order and this can always be readdressed long-term at another time.

This is ridiculous you are asking me to create a poll to ask you to not create new rules to reinforce how you are feeling.

You are manufacturing a scenario that doesn't exist and has nothing to do with this situation. You took a simple within the rule book situation and completely blew it out of proportion to fit your narrative.

No one swapped teams to avoid a penalty and the fact that you keep saying it borders on slander.

That is your entire point a manufactured scenario that no one else even seems to understand or see why is created so that you can punish me.

I was no where close to the loss penalty when I swapped franchise so your point is moot.

There is no reason to do a survey since the rule specifically state that if an owner takes over another team he doesn't face the penalty for three ears.

If you want to change the rule then you need to post a poll asking to create a new rule to cover your ridiculous assumption about my character.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by dknute View Post
    I admit that I'm not close to being a genius like KP

I will start a commissioner discussion and will have a proposal. Please pause the lottery and ongoing barbs for now.
    Chi Beta - Tanasbourne Blue Wave
    Front Office - Boston Red Sox 1994 World Champs
    LoC - Los Angeles Dodgers - 1988, 2000, 2017, 2021 World Champs
    Justice - Calumet Wolverines - 2036, 2063, 2074, 2078 World Champs
    Road to the Bigs - Stanford Cardinal - 1970, 1985, 1989 NCAA Champ, 1989 League Champion
    CARL - Curacao Blue
    College World Series - USC (1954-1959); Stanford Cardinal (1960-)
    LEG - Bourbon Ancien Regime

Retired
    ALTRA - Trenton Hessians - 2030 World Champs

Quote Originally Posted by hornetjohn View Post
    I will start a commissioner discussion and will have a proposal. Please pause the lottery and ongoing barbs for now.
    Thank you and sorry

sure, lottery cancelled for today. lets vote on it. i'm just one vote as i said.

Re: 2067 LoC draft lottery - POSTPONED

here's my question. I'm assuming both franchises failed to win 180 games in three years. I'm not sure when the transfer occurred. Did both OWNERS lose 180 games in three years? My position would be that the win total should follow the owner OR the team, either one. That would handle either situation. It's collusion proof. I would propose that the rules be amended to reflect this, retroactive to this situation. I believe it's likely that they switched for the purpose stated, and not to avoid penalties. That, however, should not excuse them from being penalized.

One point that maybe needs clarifying...I don't think anyone was trying to loophole the rules here. I'm not accusing anyone of anything improper. This is simply a misunderstanding/misinterpretation of a rule that could use some clarification, that's all.

As for my POV, All I'm saying is that when you trade a pick, the new owner of the pick assumes all penalties associated with that traded pick. When you trade a team, the new owner of the team assumes all penalties associates with that traded team. Nice and simple and consistent.

Quote Originally Posted by Arizona Cats View Post
    here's my question. I'm assuming both franchises failed to win 180 games in three years. I'm not sure when the transfer occurred. Did both OWNERS lose 180 games in three years? My position would be that the win total should follow the owner OR the team, either one. That would handle either situation. It's collusion proof. I would propose that the rules be amended to reflect this, retroactive to this situation. I believe it's likely that they switched for the purpose stated, and not to avoid penalties. That, however, should not excuse them from being penalized.
    Neither owner failed to win 180 games. The Athletics team did won only 174 over the last three years. The rules state that wins follow owners not teams.

I can see smittias point about two owners attempting to avoid the penalty deviously switching teams, but this was neither the situation and since we did the swap with all the commissioners on board. Neither owner even assumed the 180 win minimum would suddenly be attached to the team and not enough the owner.

Over the last three years I won over 200 games easily. This year was a crapfest as I attempted to rebuild a team completely devoid of talent and since I wasn't worried about winning games I experimented like crazy with different lineups and rotations.

At no time, was it ever mentioned that the rules would be changed for this situation. I have always had a good relationship with mlb and when he expressed a desire to have the Cardinals name we talked with the Commissioners to get him that opportunity.

At no time did I feel like I was going to be punished or held to a completely new standard, for helping a fan get the team name he wanted. There was no devious or malfeasance planned. I have been completely above board this entire time and in the open about this team.

Last edited by kidpreacher; April 20, 2017 at 04:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by smittias View Post
    As for my POV, All I'm saying is that when you trade a pick, the new owner of the pick assumes all penalties associated with that traded pick. When you trade a team, the new owner of the team assumes all penalties associates with that traded team. Nice and simple and consistent.
    That's fine but that's a change to an existing rule and if you want to change a rule it should be done going forward and not implemented after a change is made.

Also this means that new owners should inherit win total since they also don't get their draft picks back if a team already traded them. That would make it simple and consistent.

Many leagues that have a 3 year win minimum also have a single season win minimum. If that had been in place this would have been a non issue. Obviously we can't retroactively add a single season win minimum, but it's something I think we should add for 2067 and beyond.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast