Thread: Hitter with 3-digit Ks, and single digit BBs

Hitter with 3-digit Ks, and single digit BBs

csfbl.com/player.asp?playerid=4499383

My CF Robert Holloway has now K'd 100 times. In 438 ABs. He has only 8 BBs. What's more, no BBs in over a month and a half.

No confirmations on whether he swings at low-flying birds in BP.

Anybody else, this bad at walks?

Re: Hitter with 3-digit Ks, and single digit BBs

Only 21 games in, but http://www.csfbl.com/player.asp?playerid=4504867 is already on pace for over 200 K's, even though his AVG is above .270. Unfortunately, he's on paste for double digit BB's, so maybe not what you were looking for. However, seeing how this season plays out will be fun with him, even with this small sample size.
    "I don't know what I'm doing"- Quote from GoldenGhost

1983-84 MLB Prospects WS Champs!

The single digit BBs for a qualifying player is the rare occurrence here. In CardsClubhouse, which is in its 134th season (2nd longest running league just just less than 1 season, and was previously gaining ground on the longest), there have only been 14 player-seasons that have given single digit BBs. 9 of those seasons the player also struck out over 100 times. Paul Petrovich did it 3 times. Crazy.

http://www.csfbl.com/leaguestats.asp...=sBB&order=asc

Well, he now has gone past the 2 month mark. Strangely he has been hit by 5 pitches so far, apparently he finds it "easier" to get plunked. I've learned to live with his free-swinging, but he did draw 26 BBs last season, so this is a little extreme.

I did look up last night, among qualifiers the 2nd fewest BBs is 16 (course unfortunately I also had #3 a rookie with 18, but he still has untapped potential for DI, probably needed one more year but he was getting too expensive for the Lows and I needed warm bodies to boot)

At least I have a lead-off guy who is already over 100 walks, and probably will end up in 120-130 range, so it evens out.

I do remember looking up the real life MLB record: For those with 400 ABs in a season the fewest was dead-ball era Dodger 2B WHitey Alperman who drew a mere 2 walks (I think he had approx. 440 ABs that year. I do remember that year he also had 6 HBPs. ANd his 4 year career produced more triples than walks.

Well, while I was sleeping, he decided to splurge with a 2 walk game to get to 10 on the year. I doubt he make it to his previous low of 21, with it early September.