Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What's more valuable on defense?

Re: What's more valuable on defense?

Quote Originally Posted by DirtbagBlues View Post
    This guy has a pretty weak bat, his arm projects to be above average. My guess is I'll never view this guy as more than a bench player, but perhaps if I maximize his defensive value he might be a somewhat useful trade piece down the line. So basically my question was is an average SS or 2B better than a great 3B or CF.

I may keep him in CF, then. Looks like his defense at SS and 2B won't be good enough to interest anyone, and his bat at 3B would turn too many people off. He also has great speed so maybe some folks will look at him as your pro-typical speedy/defensive-CF guy.
    Yeah, sounds like a perfect 10th man. I don't usually go for "prototypical" leadoff myself. I like OBP, though I am big speed fan, but without the OBP I much prefer them down in the bottom (I usually don't have much offense anyway down there, so any extra edge like that is a good thing)

Quote Originally Posted by DTCT View Post
    Yeah, sounds like a perfect 10th man. I don't usually go for "prototypical" leadoff myself. I like OBP, though I am big speed fan, but without the OBP I much prefer them down in the bottom (I usually don't have much offense anyway down there, so any extra edge like that is a good thing)
    Lol I don't know what happened with my spelling there. Need to fix that.

Not sure this guy even has the OBP to be a lead off man. Probably grasping at straws with this guy's trade value.

Sent from my iPhone using CSFBL
    Rogers Park Rabbits, The Eta Rho (2095-Present)
    Goodyear Zeppelins, MLB Prospects (1981-Present)
    Bakersfield Roughnecks, PGML (2028-Present)

Well, I had trouble dealing a SS with 83 RA (and 78 GL to boot). Though, I am kind of glad I didn't, he has been re-energized this year. (I had one too many good-field no-hit guys in my lineup, I thought he'd be the one that would get the most interest.)

Quote Originally Posted by trainguy View Post
    I try to get 80s RA at SS and 90s at 2B, 3B, and CF.
    In a perfect world

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Cerb81 View Post
    In a perfect world

Indeed, don't believe I've ever been that lucky, can probably count on one hand the seasons I've had all 4 positions with 75+, usually one position necessitates having something less.

Quote Originally Posted by DTCT View Post
    Indeed, don't believe I've ever been that lucky, can probably count on one hand the seasons I've had all 4 positions with 75+, usually one position necessitates having something less.
    I pulled off 98, 100, and 100 at SS, 2B, and CF once. I think 3B was around 70 on that team too. Diaz, Rangel, and Bratcher. Rangel and Bratcher were both drafted as SS and moved to 2B because of Diaz.

What's more valuable on defense?

Quote Originally Posted by Cerb81 View Post
    In a perfect world

Like Iceland Perfect (WCB) haha (yet I do have a ss playing 2B)
    Last edited by Ilasdad; May 8, 2017 at 01:26 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12