20. You may not vote on this poll
  • Keep it as is (2 rounds)

7 35.00%
  • Drop the 2nd round (1 round)

13 65.00%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vote: Live Draft Changes

Vote: Live Draft Changes

It seems that the draft has gotten weaker and weaker over the past 10-15 seasons. So much so many folks don't bother to put in 2nd round picks at times. As such, I want to put to a vote a move to drop the 2nd round from "Live Draft" and just do a 1st round draft.

Feel free to toss in your opinions as well as ideas.
    Sandlot - Jacksonville Storm - (1948 - Current) - WS 1967, 1968, 1973

Re: Vote: Live Draft Changes

I think that is good.

I think that works

Quote Originally Posted by dinobassi View Post
    I think that works
    I'd also be open to maybe doing the top 36 picks live since it seems that's just about where the draft usually gets kind of useless.

if its one round can we do 2 teams per 24 hour period instead of 4 teams, just means if you have to send a list you only have to choose 2 players at most, just a thought

Quote Originally Posted by CHUCK KIELLY View Post
    if its one round can we do 2 teams per 24 hour period instead of 4 teams, just means if you have to send a list you only have to choose 2 players at most, just a thought
    We've actually been doing blocks of 6 in the first round. I don't think we'd have enough time to do blocks of 2 but we could definitely go to blocks of 4 to help limit list length. Great idea Chuck.

Quote Originally Posted by dinobassi View Post
    We've actually been doing blocks of 6 in the first round. I don't think we'd have enough time to do blocks of 2 but we could definitely go to blocks of 4 to help limit list length. Great idea Chuck.
    I'd second this motion....I do blocks of 4 in another league for that very reason and like it much better.

Quote Originally Posted by orangecat13748 View Post
    I'd second this motion....I do blocks of 4 in another league for that very reason and like it much better.
    I'd be ok with blocks of 4, but I don't really want to go 2 per day. Usually the first round goes faster than the blocks anyways. It's the 2nd round that bogs us down.

One issue with going to 4 a day, it would actually take more days to complete than our current draft which can at times be challenging to finish and set draft picks before the actual draft. For this season, I recommend we just go with our standard 6 picks per block and 1st round only.

Hopefully the draft gets better in the future and we can go back to 2nd rounds. As it is now though, it's a lot of tedious work for little value.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormfury View Post
    One issue with going to 4 a day, it would actually take more days to complete than our current draft which can at times be challenging to finish and set draft picks before the actual draft. For this season, I recommend we just go with our standard 6 picks per block and 1st round only.
    Hopefully the draft gets better in the future and we can go back to 2nd rounds. As it is now though, it's a lot of tedious work for little value.
    Doing one round with blocks of 4 would take 6 blocks vs. the 7 blocks we've done the past few drafts, so it would actually be a day quicker. Having said that, if the commissioners are more comfortable doing a season with one round consisting of blocks of 6, I have no complaint.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast