Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Meet the MLB Prospects Owners! Tell us who you are!

Re: Meet the MLB Prospects Owners! Tell us who you are!

Hello everyone! Glad to mentor MLB prospects. This is my 2nd go around and just finished wrapping up mentoring another prospect league. I'm hooked on CSFBL and I love trying to figure out algorithms about how everything works through tests and comparison... still working on that.

Glad to see a fellow Cardinals fan.

1. Where do you live? : Austin, TX

2. What is your age? : 33

3. What is your job/career? : Technical Advisor for Lawfirm

4. How did you discover CSFBL? Invited by a couple friends

5. Sports teams that you follow? : St. Louis Cardinals, St. Louis Blues, New England Patriots (I did follow the Rams, but they left town. I hate them now), San Antonio Spurs, and Texas A&M Aggies.

6. Other hobbies? : Playing baseball, playing co-ed softball with the wife, and computer gaming

7. Any comments about CSFBL and/or Blue Chip Prospects?: CSFBL can seem kind of confusing at first, and there is a bit of a learning curve, but that's why us mentors are here. I'm very approachable, so feel free to ask me for help anytime. I usually respond in a timely manner. You'll learn quickly that the game is really simple, but very deep, and most importantly A LOT OF FUN!

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States

Quote Originally Posted by DaveW View Post
    Hey Bob, the last time I was at a Phillies game was when my grandmom called Luzinski a bum, and Steve Carlton always wanted McCarver behind the plate. I haven't adopted a new major league team yet... but we have the Pirates AAA club about 20 miles away in Indy. I've gone to a few of their games over the last couple of years, just to remind myself what it is like.
    sorry read this a while back but didnt respond, love the Phillies, 08 was a good ride, remember 1980 like it was yesterday. 1993 was a great year that Joe Carter made us want to forget or should I say Mitch Williams. Glad it brought back memories
    Remake AAA Syracuse Chiefs
    PGML Cuban's Sharks
    KBL Buntsville Squeeze
    NABF Savannah Palmetto's
    MLB Classic KC Royals
    BD Philly Whiz Kids
    PCL Tulsa Oilers
    MLBM Sacramento Grey Caps

Quote Originally Posted by bobcat1018 View Post
    sorry read this a while back but didnt respond, love the Phillies, 08 was a good ride, remember 1980 like it was yesterday. 1993 was a great year that Joe Carter made us want to forget or should I say Mitch Williams. Glad it brought back memories
    If anyone mentions the Phillies I immediately remember the 2011 NLDS and the Game #5 for the ages between Halladay and Carpenter. I consumed nothing but Rolaids and vodka tonics for 9 innings in one of the best ballgames I ever watched.
    "Bob Gibson was the luckiest pitcher in MLB. He always pitched when the other team didn't score any runs." - Tim McCarver

1. Where do you live? : Berlin NJ... not far from Philly... where I was born and raised.

2. What is your age? : 50+

3. What is your job/career? : RN. I do surgical quality assurance, working with databases, stats and reports.

4. How did you discover CSFBL? Played here before.

5. Sports teams that you follow? : Philly pro teams. Aston Villa (EPL... though sadly relegated). British and USA men's national soccer teams. Women's college volleyball (my daughter plays).

6. Other hobbies? : stratomatic. cars. cooking. travel. beer.

7. Any comments about CSFBL and/or MLB Prospects? : not yet! LOL

8. Name? (optional) : Dave

1. Where do you live? : Southeast Nebraska

2. What is your age? : 45

3. What is your job/career? : I work in the IT field

4. How did you discover CSFBL? A facebook friend posted about the league.

5. Sports teams that you follow? : Huskers (all sports), Chiefs and Royals.

6. Other hobbies? : Spend time with the family, and I just recently became a big cruise fanatic. Been to Haiti, Jamaica, Mexico and the Bahamas in the past 5 months. I also have been know to drink wine from time to time.

7. Any comments about CSFBL and/or MLB Prospects? : I just joined up and took over the Roc City Ballers, so I'm trying to learn how things work. Any assistance anyone can provide would be much appreciated!

8. Name? (optional) : Dan

1. Where do you live? : San Diego

2. What is your age? : 48

3. What is your job/career? : Underprivileged Youth

4. How did you discover CSFBL? Rediscovery

5. Sports teams that you follow? : Most teams, Most sports...lol

Doug

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States

Quote Originally Posted by davels View Post
    1. Where do you live? : Berlin NJ... not far from Philly... where I was born and raised.

2. What is your age? : 50+

3. What is your job/career? : RN. I do surgical quality assurance, working with databases, stats and reports.

4. How did you discover CSFBL? Played here before.

5. Sports teams that you follow? : Philly pro teams. Aston Villa (EPL... though sadly relegated). British and USA men's national soccer teams. Women's college volleyball (my daughter plays).

6. Other hobbies? : stratomatic. cars. cooking. travel. beer.

7. Any comments about CSFBL and/or MLB Prospects? : not yet! LOL

8. Name? (optional) : Dave
    hey Dave, im a Philly guy myself still living here. Let me know if I can be of any help
    Remake AAA Syracuse Chiefs
    PGML Cuban's Sharks
    KBL Buntsville Squeeze
    NABF Savannah Palmetto's
    MLB Classic KC Royals
    BD Philly Whiz Kids
    PCL Tulsa Oilers
    MLBM Sacramento Grey Caps

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12