Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 2059 Whit's Rank Form-ULA

Re: 2059 Whit's Rank Form-ULA

2. 152 Houston*Caballeros #8 hitting(102pts.), #2 pitching(29pts.), #5 defense(21pts.)

Just testing a bit, I can extract, refresh and change the league. The ranking goes with formulas in excel and then I convert it to text as above.
    Not completely user-friendly or anything, but it seems to be working.
    Psi Phi - bananatown cookietomato
    MLB Throwback - Zulu Cannibal Giants
    Spellcheck - Marvel Defenders

Quote Originally Posted by BenjiPla View Post
    2. 152 Houston*Caballeros #8 hitting(102pts.), #2 pitching(29pts.), #5 defense(21pts.)

Just testing a bit, I can extract, refresh and change the league. The ranking goes with formulas in excel and then I convert it to text as above.
    Not completely user-friendly or anything, but it seems to be working.
    WAY TO GO! Will save me hours in the future. VERY much appreciated.
    Whit-
    Lawn Chair League (co-commissioner ) ~ Huntington Beach Hobos 2019 & 2026 ​World Series Champions
    Ephesians 2:8-9 "For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: not of works, lest any man should boast."Bibleline Broadcast Network (BBN) - YouTubehttp://www.northlandchurch.com/

1. 143 Granite City Thunder (MNTwinsFan1001) 3rd hitting 60 pts., 3rd pitching 36 pts., 16 defense 47 pts.
    (58-26) 1st --GB (last season ranked 5th 203 pts.) + 4
    Granite tops, looking to defend the City with another Title

15. 303 Bedford Blues (pedro4832) 17 th hitting 148 pts., 14 th pitching 121 pts., 9th defense 34 pts.
    (44-40) 5th 7 GB (last season ranked 15th 309 pts.) 0 Change
    dark blue horse

17. 336 Brownsville Heat (Dirtball) 10th hitting 113 pts., 19th pitching 182 pts., 13th defense 41 pts.
    (36-48) 5th 17 GB (last season ranked 8th 242 pts.) -9
    Excessive Heat, causing brownouts

Lawn Chair League (co-commissioner ) ~ Huntington Beach Hobos 2019 & 2026 ​World Series Champions
    Ephesians 2:8-9 "For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: not of works, lest any man should boast."Bibleline Broadcast Network (BBN) - YouTubehttp://www.northlandchurch.com/

Both years in this the Tribe Power seems to have kicked it up a notch after getting listed. This time we're 18-8 since posting. Sadly we've only gained one game on Houston in that time.

Power of Division strength
    1549 1st Yats Wickham (last season 1st 1589)
    #2 1688 2nd Robert Smith (last season 3rd 1776)
    #3 1720 3rd Mark Ay**** (last season 2nd 1645)
    #4 1922 4th Robert Jamerson (last season 4th 1782)

Good Morning Benjipla,

Was wondering if you could run the W.R.F. for the Lawn Chair League , the league just finished the World Series and we ended up taking that title! First time in a long long time. Would like to now do the W.R.F. for both the leagues I am in now, so if you could run it and send it to me by PM - that would very much be appreciated. The year I'd like it ran for is the year 2019. Thanks so much in advance!

Whit Sr.-

benji...I'm not entirely sure what you built, but if its something that can be used for all leagues, it would be a cool thing to share publicly. No idea if thats feasible...just tossing it out there.

@Whit: you have a pm ;-)

@Smittias: Right now it's an excel where I import team stat data and use some formulas to get to Whit's ranking. It's a very rough sketch which could use some user-friendliness and options to go with it. I have to update the URL's one by one in the data query by hand and then one copy and paste thing. To make it user-friendly it would need a page where to fill the league, year and a refresh option, and maybe an option to make a custom build Whit-rank(if you should for instance decide that SB are more valuable than OPS or something like that).

While I had the programming power of Excel-macro's about a few years ago, that knowledge has faded a wee bit. So... If this is something what CSFBL could use, we would need a Vashon or the like. And of course Whit's permission as he has the patent on the ranking.
    Psi Phi - bananatown cookietomato
    MLB Throwback - Zulu Cannibal Giants
    Spellcheck - Marvel Defenders

of course, I would be humbled that csfbl would even want to use the W.R.F. , so that csfbl could use it league wide!

Whit-

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123