Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Birmingham Barons

Quote Originally Posted by DazBallz View Post
    I'm thinking of releasing this player and I can't tell if it's a mistake or not. Any ideas? I just need to get rid of a couple more to take me below the cap.

https://www.csfbl.com/player/view.asp?playerid=4714743

I don't want to make a silly mistake at this stage until I fully understand things.
    He might have some value to someone without a 2B. He seems to be a decent player who is declining slowly. Compare him to other 2B stats in the league and see where he falls.

Re: Birmingham Barons

Quote Originally Posted by DazBallz View Post
    I'm thinking of releasing this player and I can't tell if it's a mistake or not. Any ideas? I just need to get rid of a couple more to take me below the cap.

https://www.csfbl.com/player/view.asp?playerid=4714743

I don't want to make a silly mistake at this stage until I fully understand things.
    At 35, I doubt anyone would bite on a trade. I don’t think you’ll regret dropping him.

Sent from my iPad using CSFBL
    World Series Champions:
    Austin Bats (Big League) - 2027
    Chicago Cubs (Historical Replay) - 1948, 1954, 1961, 1976
    Sioux City Explorers (Iowa Farm League) - 2011, 2014
    Iowa Cubs (MLB ReMake - AAA) - 2014
    Harrisburg Senators (MLB ReMake - AA) - 2002, 2117
    Kansas City Vikings (MLB World) - 2108, 2121, 2128, 2133
    Iowa City Raptors (WEBL) - 2000

Worth exploring a trade due to his output and nominal salary, but as TwoPint said, might be tough to generate a market for him, especially with most teams wanting to stash any dollars that they can for their own FO allocations prior to April 1.
    OLD:
    RSN - Bayside River Cats (2019-2040) (2021), (2023), 2032, (2034)
    CB - Purdue Boilermakers (1972-1995) (1989)
    IB - Fargo-Moorhead RedHawks (1950-1961) 1954

NEW:
    Remake AA - Tennessee Smokies (2116-2124, 2127-2135)
    Remake AAA - Albuquerque Isotopes (2120-) (2122), (2123), 2124, 2125, 2126
    MLB Remake - Oakland Athletics (2133-)
    XB - Norwich Sea Unicorns (2089-) 2095, (2097)
    GOAT5 - Miesville Mud Hens (2021-) - 2021

I've had a great start to the season. Especially after losing the 1st 3 games as I hadn't set my team up properly, my best players were still in the AAA after hitting the FOA. I was expecting some spring training games first and got caught out. I've still not got a clue what I'm doing but getting there slowly. Looking forward to getting first pick in the draft

Please welcome Djay05897, new owner of Birmingham league date 4/29/2122. Actual date 6/4/2020.

Good luck and welcome to Remake
    Franchise Four
    Founder [ReMake Community, MLB ReMake, AAA ReMake, AA ReMake]
    AA ReMake Commissioner (2124-Present)

Welcome!
    Oakland Athletics - Remake MLB (no WS yet)
    Williamsburg TriPowers - Psi Phi (WS in 2078)
    Howlin' Wolf - Hippystock Moshpit (no WS, not even close)
    St. Louis Cardinals - Dynasty (well not much to show, but it's a league with no scouting and lots of ill-humored owners)

(for more info, see my user record in CSFBL)

Welcome to the AA

Please welcome bigdpimpin1 to the Remake Community, taking over the Birmingham Barons

He takes over on 7/23/2022 RL date, 2/28/2142 sim date.
    Franchise Four
    Founder [ReMake Community, MLB ReMake, AAA ReMake, AA ReMake]
    AA ReMake Commissioner (2124-Present)

hey guys, i wont check the forum here that much, but please send me trade offers. I am all for wheeling and dealing. I'd much rather be rebuilding, but you guys are letting me win already
    I love it when you hate me.... in fake baseball games... not in real life... what are you my mother?

Simple Rules:

1. Winning the world series in a half unowned league is not worthy of your time.

2. If you are trading an elite item like a no1 overall pick or an elite player, then don't take the first offer you get. Advertise your availability to the league to maximize your return. Your trade partner is not going to protect you from underselling yourself.

3. Quoted from a thread about Monopoly gameplay: "This strategy will end up killing you in the long run. You WANT to make deals. You WANT to be easy to do business with. If players get the impression that you're always going to ask for unreasonable demands, they'll trade with other players, leaving you out of those trades, meaning you get nothing of value while they benefit. Remember, your goal in a trade should not be to screw your trading partner, but to screw anyone who isn't your trading partner. Then people will catch on and realize that if they're not going to give you fair rates, they're going to be left out in the cold, which means that you shouldn't be dealing with people who play that way either."

4. Win how you want to win in this game. A lot of us try to define what is the best way or the worst way. Take the easy road and take the easy wins. Then, later, when you realize how boring that can be, find the hard ways to win. Then, show others.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345