Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wiki discussion thread

Wiki discussion thread

the CSFBL Wiki is live! (read the announcement) It has immediately replaced the old help section but we've only begun to scratch the surface of information we can provide.

You can access it one of three ways:
    • go to wiki.csfbl.com
    • click on "Wiki" in the header of the game site (Where "Help" used to be)
    • click on the "Wiki Help" tab in the Forums header under the CSFBL logo

We're looking for volunteers to help work on this project. If you're interested, please send me a PM. And please use this thread to post any typos, suggested edits, improvements, updates, ideas for new content, or anything else wiki related.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    CSFBL on Twitter: www.twitter.com/csfbl

CSFBL on Facebook: www.facebook.com/ComputerSimulatedFantasyBaseballLeague
    Last edited by smittias; April 25, 2015 at 03:55 PM.

Re: Wiki discussion thread

I think it would be nice if the community could edit and add to the content in the wiki while a team of content moderators reviews it to see if it's valid.

I found the wiki very helpfull. I read from it every day.

Love the wiki, very helpful.

The notion of "morale" and retirement are foggy.

It's talked about in the fatigue section but it's not clear how "morale penalties" are applied or how long they last or what effect they have.

i.e. Do these penalties accumulate over a career, leading to earlier retirement or are the penalties are temporary, influencing a hitters ratings that season?
    "Touch 'em all, Joe! You'll never hit a bigger home run in your life!"
    -Tom Cheek's call on Joe Carter's walk-off, championship-clinching homerun, WS Game 6, Oct 23, 1993.

Quote Originally Posted by FLankkks View Post
    Love the wiki, very helpful.

The notion of "morale" and retirement are foggy.

It's talked about in the fatigue section but it's not clear how "morale penalties" are applied or how long they last or what effect they have.

i.e. Do these penalties accumulate over a career, leading to earlier retirement or are the penalties are temporary, influencing a hitters ratings that season?
    Morale has not been a part of CSFBL for over 9 years, so I wonder why it's still in the wiki.
    Psi Phi: Williamsburg Tribe Power (Comm)
    Justice: Jefferson Airplanes ('22)
    TDD: Richmond Rebels (Comm) ('92, '99, '00, '34)
    Psi Sigma: Dillard Dictators (Comm) ('07, '49, '56)
    LCL: NY Lawn Mowers ('93)
    ANB: Edison Electricity ('23, "53)
    BBL: Philadelphia Federalists ('06, '29, '34, '38)
    Recycler: NOVA No Doze ('98, '00, '09, '19)
    VLR: Amritsar Destroyers ('98)
    EBB: Pennsylvania Powder Kegs ('36, '69)
    IBA: Lahaina Luau
    LOL: Fargo Frostbite
    CBF: Cradock Diablos ('59)

23/58 in World Series

Quote Originally Posted by smartbenny24 View Post
    Morale has not been a part of CSFBL for over 9 years, so I wonder why it's still in the wiki.
    It's not a SIGNIFICANT part of CSFBL, but I do think it still exists. There are certainly the faces with less than enthusiastic smiles, to a neutral expression, to a sad face. Also, there are rare but occasional reports of a retirement over morale. But yes, by and large it doesn't do much.
    CSFBL Ranking:2014 #16, 2015 #33, 2016 #11
    Manager: Phoenix Roadrunners (1992-2035)
    -44 years: 41 winning, 33 P, 23 D, 14 C, 4 WS; Final Record 4130-2910 (94-66 average season)
    Coach: TAMU Aggies (1948-Present)
    -35 years: 27 winning, 24 P, 14 D, 11 C, 8 CWS
    -Current Prestige Ranking: #6/24 (based on prior 4 seasons)
    Manager: Tulsa Golden Hurricane (2023-Present)
    -52 years: 37 winning, 35 P, 26 D, 17 C, 11 WS
    Manager: Antarctica Antediluvian Anteaters (1981-Present)
    -18 years: 15 winning, 12 playoffs, 9 D, 5 C, 4 WS
    Manager: Storm's End Stags (1981-1990)
    -10 years: 8 winning, 8 playoffs, 4 D, 2 C, 1 WS
    Manager: Warsaw Winged Hussars (1991-Present)
    -6 years: 4 winning, 4 playoffs, 3 D, 2 C
    Coach: Miami Hurricanes (1964-1989)
    -23 years: 12 winning, 10 P, 3 D, 2 CWS

Quote Originally Posted by MeddlePAL View Post
    I think it would be nice if the community could edit and add to the content in the wiki while a team of content moderators reviews it to see if it's valid.
    And now you can! just posted the following announcement:

We recently relocated our help section from the stone walls of a cave to a bonafide 21st century wiki!

And now, you and all CSFBL users can contribute, add, edit, update and expand the CSFBL help section.

To enter the wiki, just click “Help” in the header of the game site or “CSFBL Help” in the header of the forum. Once in the help section, click “Login” in the upper right. To login, you’ll need to enter the email associated with your game account, and your csfbl.com password. Once you’re logged in, you’re ready to contribute! Just click on the pencil in the upper left of every page and you’ll be in the page’s editor. (Note: Home Page, AUP, and ownership Guidelines are only editable by admins)

Please remember…whatever you post goes live immediately. The content in the Wiki should be factual and intended to inform and instruct.

Now’s your chance to share your CSFBL wisdom with the community. We’re counting on you. Get wiki’ing!

BTW, If you have any difficulty logging in, or have suggestions for new pages or other improvements, just send me (smittias) a PM, or post in the Wiki Discussion Board.

just want to give this thread a little bump and encourage anyone and everyone to help edit, curate and improve the CSFBL help section. Its super easy to get started.

1) Go to the help section and click “Login” in the upper right.
    2) To login, you’ll need to enter the email associated with your game account, and your csfbl.com password.
    3) Just click on the pencil in the upper left of every page and you’ll be in the page’s editor. (Note: Home Page, AUP, and ownership Guidelines are only editable by admins)

And that's it. You're ready to contribute. Its as easy as that. Give it a shot!
    Last edited by smittias; June 2, 2015 at 04:24 PM.

Ok so i was looking for this is the wiki the other day for a new user, and couldnt find it. Couldnt find any posts on it either. The difference between 90+ ratings and all other ratings. I know 90+ are nonlinear, but do any of you knowitall's want to explain it nice and clearly.
    Last edited by humie87; February 19, 2016 at 10:33 AM.
    38-25 WS record
    Throwback
    Wilmington Quicksteps 2057-current
    ALTRTA
    Subliminal Messages 2102-current (2102)
    Remake AA
    Altoona Curve 2128-current
    CarL
    Sombrero de Vaquero 2066-current
    Dynasty
    Texas Longhorns 1985-current
    Brockmire
    Oakland Larks 2000-current (2006)
    TCL
    Dublin Dynamos 2138-current
    Remake AAA
    New Orleans Zephyrs 2132-current

Quote Originally Posted by humie87 View Post
    Ok so i was looking for this is the wiki the other day for a new user, and couldnt find it. Couldnt find any posts on it either. The difference between 90+ ratings and all other ratings. I know 90+ are nonlinear, but do any of you knowitall's want to explain it nice and clearly.
    None of the ratings have a linear progression, not just 90+.

The difference between 50-60 is not the same as the difference between 60-70, and 70-80, etc. The higher the rating, the greater the difference. This is a topic often discussed on the forums, but has never been part of the in-game documentation.
    CBF - San Fran Fighting George Takeis (2018 - ) - WS ('36, '54, '61,'111*)
    RTTB - St. Louis Cardinals (1975 - ) - WS('85*, '86*,87*)
    Alphabet Soup - Name Pending (1981 - ) - WS('81*)

9-10 in World Series

CBF title won posthumously (CSFBL-wise)

Shameless plug:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...er?id=BT+Games

Also available on Kindle Fire and Nabi Tablets

"I read all of avidmar's post in the voice of Sam the Eagle." - Comfortablylomb

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast