Thread: Congrats EmpireBuilder!

Congrats EmpireBuilder!

Back To Back Titles! Nicely Done

Re: Congrats EmpireBuilder!

Thanks! I didn't know whether I had enough slugging to get it done this year, but I guess pitching will cover up a lot of shortcomings. I was able to ride Robert Castro, my back to back Cy Young, for another 53 dominant playoff innings. It was a tough road, but I will hope to make it again next year!

Congratulations. I knew I should have traded for Castro when you offered him but I took the younger dude.

Congratulations!

Thanks. Ya, I was considering parting with Castro just a couple of years back. I needed to cut salary as usual, and he certainly would have helped me there. I see now that it is better to cut a very good pitcher/player than to trade a great one. I am wondering at what point my players are going to stop needing more money! I had to shed over 8 million again this year; which cost me one of my rotation staples. I think I can come close to replacing him with some younger guys, but only time will tell. Thanks again!

Might as well revive this thread. 3 in a row is quite an accomplishment. Congratulations.

First ever three peat in Beer League History! I guess he truly is an empire builder. Congrats and nicely done!

Thanks! I didn't know if I had enough offense to pull it off again this year, but I guess pitching and defense can get you pretty far by themselves. I will have some more tough decisions to make this off season, but I am hoping for number 4.

Congrats , again !