Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 Trades and Draft Movement

Quote Originally Posted by Anathema View Post
    Trading cabbie after what I offered you for him is a load of **** IMO

It's even worse after looking at the actual deal. Congrats tino

Cabbie alone was worth all the players he gave you (from what my offering point that you turned down, anyways) The fact you traded three firsts (two net, essentially) with that blows my mind. Especially considering I offered you two good players (one pitching prospect in there) and 4 first round picks, two of which are 10 and 15 this season. Hera was in that deal at the time, sure. But I would have gladly taken a player or pick out to just get cabbie, but you wouldn't let me

**** you
    I'm not sure if you're overvaluing Cabbie or undervaluing Himes or both
    Signatures are for dummies

Re: 2017 Trades and Draft Movement

The U receives:
    Jack Fournier 1B 26 $3,021,000

Haddonfield receives:
    2017 1:13
    The U's 2018 first rounder

Quote Originally Posted by Anathema View Post
    Trading cabbie after what I offered you for him is a load of **** IMO

It's even worse after looking at the actual deal. Congrats tino

Cabbie alone was worth all the players he gave you (from what my offering point that you turned down, anyways) The fact you traded three firsts (two net, essentially) with that blows my mind. Especially considering I offered you two good players (one pitching prospect in there) and 4 first round picks, two of which are 10 and 15 this season. Hera was in that deal at the time, sure. But I would have gladly taken a player or pick out to just get cabbie, but you wouldn't let me

**** you
    Hera was moved for John Smith and two late firsts. Cabbie and three late firsts were moved for Himes, Curran, Goering and a late first, Soooooo:

In the end result I moved:
    Hera
    Cabbie
    Late first

For:

John Smith
    Himes
    Curran
    Goering

The two late firsts I can give a **** less about. In this league late picks don't have a ton of value and you're also counting on a deep draft. Not saying they don't have value but I'm being realistic here.

John Smith is an absolute ace and will be for a long time. At trade with him straight up for Hera wouldn't have been scrutinized.

Himes isn't much of a step down from cabbie. He's two years older but has the same if not better RA and can get on base with the best of the league.

Curran was an immediate need. I didn't want to enter the season with just two good pitchers. He supplies me witb a very good #3.

Goering is a plug in but I had originally planned on moving cabbie to CF and bringing up Moore this season at 2B. Goering gives me elite DI and good enough RA at CF in my tiny park.

So in the end end result I like my team a lot more now than I did mid season 2016. I think we are in a much better position t make a run than we were and i still have a bunch of youth on this team.

Not sure why I'm taking my time to write all this out. Its either the whiskey or the fact that you ended your post with a **** you

i love how people act like anything past the 15 is a junk pick now. lets just end the draft on block 3.
    "As you get older, please pass on your knowledge, compassion, enthusiasm for life, love and charity to others when you feel it's appropriate and you are able to. There are always others in more need than us, and that's what life is about." - Anonymous

Trade proposed by Munich Stallions to Oros Olympos Titanomachy: Accept offer Decline offer

From Oros Olympos Titanomachy:

P: George Hagan ($2,295,000)
    First Round Draft Pick: #22 overall

From Munich Stallions:
    P: Thomas Sommer ($960,000)
    First Round Draft Pick: #14 overall
    Interested in joining The Dirty Dozens? We are one of the most active and competitive leagues in CSFBL!

The Dirty Dozens - Charlotte Nomads
    2044-2064: 1887-1153, .621
    2045, 2047-2058 Tony Almeida Division Champs
    2045, 2050, 2051, 2058 World Series Champs
    17 (and counting) consecutive playoff appearances.

LEG - Oros Olympos Titanomachy
    2005 - 2020
    2011, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2018, 2020 World Series Champs

More trades not being posted.... these are part of trade backs it appears.... these players aren't being traded back though, they are now on different teams. Adams is a former 1st still under 30. There are more, I stopped posting them all.

3/19/2017 Jerry Adams (P) Traded from Silver Lake Slashers to Password is Taco
    3/19/2017 Keith Newman (LF) Traded from Silver Lake Slashers to Password is Taco
    3/20/2017 Anthony Paris (1B) Traded from Silver Lake Slashers to Password is Taco
    3/21/2017 Dominic Kelly (CF) Traded from Silver Lake Slashers to Password is Taco
    3/21/2017 Ray Ryan (RF) Traded from Silver Lake Slashers to Password is Taco
    3/22/2017 Ronald Kelly (P) Traded from Silver Lake Slashers to Password is Taco
    3/22/2017 Edmund Fogel (RF) Traded from Silver Lake Slashers to Password is Taco
    3/22/2017 Terrance Ward (P) Traded from Silver Lake Slashers to Password is Taco

Reminder, league rules:

7.3 - All trades must be posted in the forum. Trades involving draft picks should also be posted in the appropriate years traded draft pick thread. Draft pick trades that occur after the draft has begun should be posted in the active draft thread.
    Last edited by makila; December 19, 2014 at 08:25 AM.
    "As you get older, please pass on your knowledge, compassion, enthusiasm for life, love and charity to others when you feel it's appropriate and you are able to. There are always others in more need than us, and that's what life is about." - Anonymous

Quote Originally Posted by makila View Post
    More trades not being posted.... these are part of trade backs it appears.... these players aren't being traded back though, they are now on different teams. Adams is a former 1st still under 30. There are more, I stopped posting them all.

3/19/2017 Jerry Adams (P) Traded from Silver Lake Slashers to Password is Taco
    3/19/2017 Keith Newman (LF) Traded from Silver Lake Slashers to Password is Taco
    3/20/2017 Anthony Paris (1B) Traded from Silver Lake Slashers to Password is Taco
    3/21/2017 Dominic Kelly (CF) Traded from Silver Lake Slashers to Password is Taco
    3/21/2017 Ray Ryan (RF) Traded from Silver Lake Slashers to Password is Taco
    3/22/2017 Ronald Kelly (P) Traded from Silver Lake Slashers to Password is Taco
    3/22/2017 Edmund Fogel (RF) Traded from Silver Lake Slashers to Password is Taco
    3/22/2017 Terrance Ward (P) Traded from Silver Lake Slashers to Password is Taco

Reminder, league rules:

7.3 - All trades must be posted in the forum. Trades involving draft picks should also be posted in the appropriate years traded draft pick thread. Draft pick trades that occur after the draft has begun should be posted in the active draft thread.
    these are all trade backs for salary, I already posted the big trade. involving wescott and my next two drafts above.

Quote Originally Posted by CyMaddux31 View Post
    2017 and 2018 drafts from silver lake to password with Paul Westcott

for
    John West
    Jimmy Carroll
    Jerry Hernandez
    this is the deal, the other stuff is just moving around guys to make it work.
    Password is keeping Ryan Ray (only guy over a mil) for now, until I cut someone or find a way to get him back. I'll probably cut the worst performing P eventually.

I dont care how you feel about your team, I was prepared to offer more and you emphasized several times that you arent trading him, so thats what the **** you is for.

Ill update when I have time today
    Politics is the Entertainment Division of the military-industrial complex ~ Frank Zappa

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast