Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Check In

Re: Check In

I'm here for check-in. Who do I talk to about getting these bags onto the elevator?

...One of them might be pretty heavy, since there's kinda like, ya know, a body in it.

*THESE ARE THE JOKES, KID!*

*Wow, a Monsters, Inc. quote! What a fantastic way to follow up a Batemanesque comment!*
    Arizona Wildcats (CWS) 50.51.59.62.63.69.71.73.78
    Arlington Asymptotes (Spellcheck) 86.87.88.89.90.91.94.95
    Charleston Chew (NABF) 26.29.30.32.34
    New York City Owls (DTL L34 t10)

Quote Originally Posted by Rando View Post
    We're trying to limit the two teamers to the guys who can volunteer their time to the league. Can you handle some stuff or you got a full plate? PM me.
    I got a full plate right now with Sandlot. Maybe I can help out later.

I'm in. As I posted in CF, been a busy week but I am catching up slowly. Again, any MLB team works for me. I'd think not Cubs since I own them in CF and like some diversity. Otherwise, no real preference.

ahh guess I should have actually looked over this post more closely we're all supposed to check in... yeah still around
    Kain the Improbable
    Lord of August (when his teams die a bloody death)
    Master of chokeing in the series
    King of getting his rear handed to him in game 7

(still) Here

Quote Originally Posted by Kain View Post
    ahh guess I should have actually looked over this post more closely we're all supposed to check in... yeah still around
    Haha it's not a huge deal just kinda checking who's aware of the forum and stuff.
    Retired

LEADER of the WIN EVERY SIM crew

Unrecognized Creator of the Anti-Tank Movement in CSFBL.

I'm caught up with everything, more or less. I don't understand all of the nuances of the rulebook, so I hope our commissioner team knows what they're doing.

Even though I know the commish team is an active, dedicated group of owners, I admit I'm worried that it will be too time-consuming to keep track of everything. However, we can see how it goes. If we do need to simplify a few things, it won't be the end of the world.
    "I didn't really say everything I said." -Yogi Berra
    57 World Series championships:

ALTRTA 93, 95, 09, 63, 66, 69, 76
    *AJO 81
    ACL 02, 13
    CBF 20, 23, 24
    *DPL 17, 21, 29, 32
    *EE 86, 88, 91, 03, 22, 31, 39, 56
    MLB 8s 83, 84, 97, 01, 03, 34
    *PCL 63
    PGML 86, 92, 21, 38, 39
    PP 26, 35, 36, 38, 58
    *REV 16
    *RTTB (NCAA) 54, 56, 72, 76, 82, 95, 97, 03
    *SAL 01, 12
    *TER 67, 87
    *TAB 13, 14
    (*retired)

Quote Originally Posted by MNTwinsFan1001 View Post
    I'm caught up with everything, more or less. I don't understand all of the nuances of the rulebook, so I hope our commissioner team knows what they're doing.

Even though I know the commish team is an active, dedicated group of owners, I admit I'm worried that it will be too time-consuming to keep track of everything. However, we can see how it goes. If we do need to simplify a few things, it won't be the end of the world.
    Yeah me and Track don't want to get outworked to the point where it isn't fun. So we're trying to keep things simple to track yet awesome....as much as possible.

That's why we're also always looking for potential helpers

We definitely want a league where the owners here can put a good amount of effort into their teams and ideally at least a good portion of the league will have this is one of their primary leagues.

We think this league actually might be a "game changer" since we're adding so many realistic things that the game has been missing.
    Retired

LEADER of the WIN EVERY SIM crew

Unrecognized Creator of the Anti-Tank Movement in CSFBL.

Quote Originally Posted by Kain View Post
    Love your signature Kain.

Check In

Quote Originally Posted by MNTwinsFan1001 View Post

The reason it seems like we're in a bit of a development hell right now (a month of development) is that Rando has wanted to be 100% on ideas and I've wanted to be 100% on structure. I could start up another CWS in 10 minutes, but this league has all the special features that 1) require organic, in-their-own-time refinement, and 2) require quite a bit of standardization logistically- and Excel is an ugly monster if you don't pace yourself!

So yeah, I'm grateful that you guys have all been very patient and optimistic thus far, and I will be ecstatic to finally jump over the "how to do the new team draft" hurdle and get crackin

Note: The logistic standardization is complete for suspensions and injuries! "Loyalty" (greed) has a rating equation but no impact equation yet (no idea yet how to factor it into contracts/leaving school early, will probably need a separate spreadsheet for free agents and loyalty). The best way I can describe what I envision for loyalty application is a "weighted coin toss." We've also discussed whether or not guys with high IQ should necessarily be attracted to schools with rosters that average a high IQ. That would likely require some kind of recruiting formula bonus, and that's a whole nother spreadsheet mod... a big one o_O
    Last edited by trackstah07; November 29, 2014 at 10:34 PM.
    Arizona Wildcats (CWS) 50.51.59.62.63.69.71.73.78
    Arlington Asymptotes (Spellcheck) 86.87.88.89.90.91.94.95
    Charleston Chew (NABF) 26.29.30.32.34
    New York City Owls (DTL L34 t10)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast