Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Whaddaya Drinkin' Tonight?

Re: Whaddaya Drinkin' Tonight?

Quote Originally Posted by FLankkks View Post
    This one is like a blast from the past for me: the kind of stuff I'd be drinking during my college years. It's called TNT extra strong. Brewed y the pacific western brewing co. In Prince George BC. An 8% lager! This one is pretty much just for getting drunk. No complaints though, it's easy to drink.
    8%? Slacker!
    )))

Founders Black Rye
    Smoky malt,somewhere between porter and barleywine,rye spiciness, a hint of stone fruit,and a lingering, medium bitterness, but not quite IPA-level hoppiness. 7.6% ABV, but well hidden. A good one. I'd get it again. ('Course this is the the 1st time they've made it since '06, so who knows if I can get it again.)
    Last edited by beanballer43; October 30, 2015 at 09:35 PM.

Firestone Walker Wookie Jack , a black rye IPA. Really good stuff. Smoooooth
    Only $6.99/22oz., so a good value too.

Update : They've discontinued it. Had my last one in January. ,,,,,,
    Last edited by beanballer43; March 7, 2017 at 11:25 PM.

Time to revive this (As has been the beer. )
    Tonight : Upstate Brewing (Elmira,NY) IPW
    The revised recipe is top-notch. They were at the local bottle shop with samples a couple of weeks ago. Ended up with a growler of their new Mole Stout.
    Tonight it's the IPW. Wouldn't know it's a wheat beer. Tastes like a typical (very good) juicy DIPA. Much aroma & flavor of pineapple juice, grapefruit, & a touch of mango & tangerine. Nice soft, slightly creamy carbonation Very close to Grey Sail's 'Captain's Daughter' . ( & if you've had that, you know how good that is. ) At $8.99/ 4pk-16oz, very worthwhile. I highly recommend it.

Last edited by beanballer43; March 7, 2017 at 11:20 PM.

Have been really enjoying my team's namesake recently: Paradox Brewery. They are about an hour north of me in Schroon Lake, NY in the Adirondacks. I picked up some of their Beaver Bite IPA and it's real, real good. Smooth and a little piney.

Enjoying a Saranac Adirondack Lager on this cool, spring night.

Saranac Legacy IPA while I clean today. I like most of Saranac's stuff but this is a little meh. Oh well, any beer is better than no beer is what I always say. I've actually never said that but you get the idea.

Northway Brewing Co. Sunrise Session IPA. Based out of Lake George, New York, this is the first of their beer I've tried. It's better than what I expected. It's light but flavorful and citrusy.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234