Thread: Been a great run!

Been a great run!

I'd like to thank everyone that tried to stick around and make this league great again. I've personally overseen the Panzers for 47 seasons now and it's going to be painful to watch all the history just be gone....However, I may just make this a public league and see what happens just to keep the history, but I doubt it will do much good.

Been nice working with you all!

Re: Been a great run!

Heh billy - I encourage you to try it as a public league. (I'm moving the Canada league to public next season, also)

I'm a member of The Show league, and last month we went to public, and the league went from 12 to 22 owners in less than a week. It seems that leagues with themes are more popular than those named after Greek Letters, and if you check out the League page, most of the themed leagues are very healthy.

There are a few public leagues with commissioners, and they're able to watch for cheating, and otherwise poor ownership.

I've been watching this league

(LightsabersBlasters - http://www.csfbl.com/leagues.asp?leagueid=40)

and their commissioner enforces rules for team names very effectively, and also dumps bad owners (those who don't take care of their team, or outright cheat). I'd join the league, but I have toom many teams already

Theme: We could consider a new theme for the league - a new start. I'm sure we could come up with something interesting, if owners wanted a change.

I've only been here 8 seasons, but I'd like to keep this team alive too.

I think VLR will fold due to lack of owned teams. It's already slated for puring and didn't flip from 2032-33. The league had a nice 50+ season run and was a quality league during the Koz led heyday.
    Psi Phi: Williamsburg Tribe Power (Comm)
    Justice: Jefferson Airplanes ('22)
    TDD: Richmond Rebels (Comm) ('92, '99, '00, '34)
    Psi Sigma: Dillard Dictators (Comm) ('07, '49, '56)
    LCL: NY Lawn Mowers ('93)
    ANB: Edison Electricity ('23, "53)
    BBL: Philadelphia Federalists ('06, '29, '34, '38)
    Recycler: NOVA No Doze ('98, '00, '09, '19)
    VLR: Amritsar Destroyers ('98)
    EBB: Pennsylvania Powder Kegs ('36, '69)
    IBA: Lahaina Luau
    LOL: Fargo Frostbite
    CBF: Cradock Diablos ('59)

23/58 in World Series

Quote Originally Posted by smartbenny24 View Post
    I think VLR will fold due to lack of owned teams. It's already slated for puring and didn't flip from 2032-33. The league had a nice 50+ season run and was a quality league during the Koz led heyday.
    sad how much I enjoyed getting my arse kicked every year by him, lol

Sad to see ya go Viva! A league in which I helped name. And yes Koz beating me as well as everyone else here was gutwrenching but he did help keep things running.

Eh, wish we could have lasted, will still see most of you around in other leagues at least