Thread: League Policies - NEW OWNERS LOOK HERE

League Policies - NEW OWNERS LOOK HERE

Wanted to create a central, easy-to-access location for our league's rules. JimJimBro and I have discussed these changes via email for a while now, and it's about time I put them up. Ever since the conversion to a private league there have been a few changes that need to be covered. Some of this is directly copied + pasted from past emails sent out, and also from league posts in these very forums.

1. Player name changes are allowed ONLY IF the player has not yet made their Major League debut. All you have to do is contact the commissioner via email or PM, and I will take care of that for you. Please keep the name changes realistic (i.e. not something like Jose Consteroido or Poo McPeepants). Nicknames such as "Timothy 'Very Very' Deberry", or "Gabriel 'Rock Em Sock Em' Basham" are encouraged - but nothing over-the-top ridiculous or vulgar. Player name changes are allowed ONLY IF the player has not yet made their Major League debut. If a player has made their debut their name can not be changed for continuity purposes.

2. Team names and stadium sizes can be changed as much as you want. Again though, nothing vulgar.

3. This isn't really a rule, but participation in our forums, via PM, or via email is all encouraged! From hypothetical questions about the league's all-time greats, to well-written veteran spotlights, to trade block-related discussions, feel free to browse and use these tools however you see fit.

4. For any new owner that comes into the league, if their roster has a player who was moved to AAA or the big leagues who hasn't played a single game yet, and the new owner wants to move said player down to the Low Minors, we can do that for you guys.

5. If you accidentally call a player up from the low minors and you want them moved back, send them back down to AAA before they play a major league game. We can then return them to the low minors if you message/email us ASAP.

6. You are allowed to trade future draft picks up to the two seasons beyond the current one. A thread will be created and stickied to track said transactions, and as soon as the season of the traded draft picks comes up, the picks will be edited and assigned to the correct team.

7. If an owner hasn't logged in after three weeks, they will be replaced. Ideally we want this league to become as active as possible, and owners who don't log in for three weeks at a time no longer fit what we want to do. If you will be out for a length of time (for school, vacation, personal reasons, etc), please let JimJimBro or myself know. You don't need to tell us specifically why - we respect your privacy.

8. The biggest feature that has been added to the league are (pending approval from the game administrators each season) generated free agents. A new set of prospects/veterans will be created every off season (10 total - 5 pitchers and 5 hitters) right after the new season begins. As soon as these players are available (which can take up to a week if there are any errors during the creation process, FYI), the sims will be frozen for three days (to give ample time for bidding via the regular, in-game bidding process) and immediately a mass email will be sent out to every owner.

9. Trading the current season's draft picks after the draft has already taken place will be looked at by myself and JimJimBro, as the picks ultimately have no value after they have been used on players. We will contact both parties of the trade to ensure that if something like this happens, the owner who received the value-less pick will be compensated somehow.

If you guys have any questions, feel free to let us know.

Thanks!
    Last edited by xxtremeracerx; October 6, 2017 at 02:21 PM.
    Trading > Winning

Re: League Policies

In light of last season's events, I will be taking a second look at all potential trades/transactions on the off chance that there is collusion - especially when a new owner comes into the league. I hate that it has come to this, but I definitely have my reasons. Overturning a trade is the LAST thing I want to do, as winning and losing trades is a part of the game (we've all surely been on both ends plenty of times). I will only resort to such actions if it is absolutely necessary FYI.
    Last edited by NBills; December 2, 2013 at 04:14 PM.
    Trading > Winning

Updated the second post. I simply want to make this league collusion-proof, and what I detailed in post #2 is the only way to ensure that (other than recruiting regular users to fill our empty teams, which I was not successful at in the last month or so).
    Trading > Winning

New owners - please check this thread out. Thanks!
    Trading > Winning

Re: League Policies - NEW OWNERS LOOK HERE

I know what you mean by collusion. I have run a fantasy football league for 12 years. The first couple of years there was always a couple of owners joining forces to try and win their divisions. It took a couple years to fix the problem. So keep up the good work. I wm looking forward to playing a long time in this league.

Is the "mass email" that is mentioned here still being sent when the preseason freeze goes into effect? I ask because I am unable to change my email for the CSFBL Site to one that works... I would miss any kind of email from the league. If this is done by PM though, I should be fine.

Thanks,
    Dave

Why does the league page say that we are going to csfbl classic next season?