Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Greenwich Ducks history thread

Re: Greenwich Ducks history thread

A few more guys have retired. So I should update this thread.

Michael Mallard was the #1 pick in the 2044 draft. He ended his HOF career with 245 wins 148 loses. a 3.58 ERA and 1.27 WHIP. Won 7 world series rings, with 31 wins and 13 loses in the playoffs.

He almost singlehandedly won the 2052 World Series for the Ducks. He started 8 games and won 7 of them. He had an ERA of 1.94 with 6 CG and 2 SHO. He was a beast that offseason.

Mallard isn't your normal #1 over all pitcher. He doesn't have enough FI or PO to make him a true ACE. He is from the same family tree as Robert Murphy, but clearly has better skills and better stats.

How could I have passed up a guy named Mallard for a team called the Ducks??

Horace Pepin was taken in the second round of the 2065 draft. He is the second player to make it to the HOF from that draft. The previously mentioned Christopher Peter being the other player.

He ended his career with 243-107 loses, 2.75 ERA and 1.21 WHIP.

At one stage in his career he was on the list of best winning percentages for all of CSFBL. As with most of the Ducks I held on to him until he retired so that record was lost in the final six season, but he was impressive while he had it.

Not sure how many of these other guys I am going to do write up for, this started off as a way to remember the first world series team I built in America's Pastime and really CSFBL,but morphed into me doing small write ups of all the guys who retire who either get elected into the Hall of Fame or mean something to me.

Jeffrey Doucet was drafted 15th in the 2047 draft as SS but quickly converted to 3B. For his career his hit .312 .412 .486. Was a 9 time All Star and a 3 time Golden Glove (He probably should have won more of those)

Seems like draft were more exciting back then and 2047 was one of those draft. Doucet is the 4th from that class to make the HOF, and there are a few others who probably will get voted in. Wouldn't shock me to see 8 HOF come from the 2047 class.

Doucet was drafted by one owner, a new owner came into run the team and traded them off to me in 2049 as part of their rebuild.

He became my 3B for the next 11 seasons. In his last season he still hit .288 with a .400 OBP.

The one thing I will always remember about him was that because his CN was so high, his salary was high. CN doesn't seem to add as much value to a player as it increases in salary.

Quote Originally Posted by spambox View Post
    Not sure how many of these other guys I am going to do write up for, this started off as a way to remember the first world series team I built in America's Pastime and really CSFBL,but morphed into me doing small write ups of all the guys who retire who either get elected into the Hall of Fame or mean something to me.
    Even though I'm fairly new to this league, I find writeups like these interesting and worthwhile.

Quote Originally Posted by spambox View Post
    Jeffrey Doucet was drafted 15th in the 2047 draft as SS but quickly converted to 3B. For his career his hit .312 .412 .486. Was a 9 time All Star and a 3 time Golden Glove (He probably should have won more of those)

Seems like draft were more exciting back then and 2047 was one of those draft. Doucet is the 4th from that class to make the HOF, and there are a few others who probably will get voted in. Wouldn't shock me to see 8 HOF come from the 2047 class.

Doucet was drafted by one owner, a new owner came into run the team and traded them off to me in 2049 as part of their rebuild.

He became my 3B for the next 11 seasons. In his last season he still hit .288 with a .400 OBP.

The one thing I will always remember about him was that because his CN was so high, his salary was high. CN doesn't seem to add as much value to a player as it increases in salary.
    Don't think i would have traded him had I owned the team back then. Can't believe he only had 67 POTG awards, would have thought more.
    Life is a Journey, and on the day you die instead of entering the grave in a perfectly preserved body, side in sideways saying "That Was One Hell've Ride."

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123