NagasakiJohn Engleman PKarl Witt RF
    Cowpens Nelson Henry PNathan Turner LF
    Lusitanianone Asher Farr 2B
    Swamp FoxesDalton Bradberry P William Black P
    GettysburgSteven Fisher C John Engleman P
    PattonNathan Turner LFDavid Craft P
    YorktownAsher Farr 2BJustin Hellman RF
    Ft Sumternone Kirk Young P
    Last edited by ninthgate; July 9, 2011 at 07:16 AM.

Re: 2012 Draft Errors

We got through 38 picks, and we have 19 errors.

To be fair, I had my picks set, but Saratoga had already grab my guy.

I'm not criticizing. Sorry if it came off that way. The reality is that stuff happened early on, and there are cascades. Heck, we had a top 10 pick get auto'ed, and they didn't even have any room in LM.

I hope this doesn't become one of "those" leagues. I've stuck around long enough because we had some pretty amazing managers here, and I've enjoyed playing against them. While the quality of the picks left something to be desired, this draft should've been a lot cleaner.

If we can't get our act straightened out, maybe it'll be time for me to check out. I'll see what happens in next season's draft.

petersburg has proposed a deal to Gettysburg to get our player C Fisher.

also proposed a deal to Antietem to get our player CF BIshop.

I have P Paul Miller, but Cowpens needs to propose a deal for him, since he needs to lose salary in the deal.

I have P David Craft, who belongs to Patton. He can propose a deal for him when ready.

Not sure what to say about my 2nd round pick I lost.IF there is a player that was selected in the error list who was not officially drafted, I may settle for that.
    -Parce que j'ai le jeu, mes chiennes.
    -Translation; 'cause I got game bitches!

Join the Remake Leagues! No Experience Necessary.

Simple Rules:

1. Stop recruiting new owners for your half dead crappy leagues. Your efforts would be better used looking for a stable league with owners who actually care about their teams. Winning the world series in a half unowned league is not worthy of your time.

2. If you are trading an elite item like a no1 overall pick or a superstud player, then dont take the first offer you get. Advertise your availability to the league to maximize your return. Your trade partner is not going to protect you from underselling yourself.

3. Quoted from a thread about Monopoly gameplay: "This strategy will end up killing you in the long run. You WANT to make deals. You WANT to be easy to do business with. If players get the impression that you're always going to ask for unreasonable demands, they'll trade with other players, leaving you out of those trades, meaning you get nothing of value while they benefit. Remember, your goal in a trade should not be to screw your trading partner, but to screw anyone who isn't your trading partner. Then people will catch on and realize that if they're not going to give you fair rates, they're going to be left out in the cold, which means that you shouldn't be dealing with people who play that way either."

Looks like I got my 1st round pick Juan Devine 1B with my 2nd rounder. I do have on my team.....

Douglas Bell - 3B

If BigTweed offers someone for him anyone I'll accept.
    Last edited by BengalHockey; July 10, 2011 at 10:43 PM.

getty has accepted all porposed to him/ now i need my guys

I have proposed trades to get guys to where they belong. It appears that I did not set my picks. I can't remember the last time I did that. My apologies to all those I affected.
    "90% of the game is half mental."

- Yogi Berra

if steng or rock get a few minutes it can all be fixed with the new league management tools:
    New Player Tools for League Managers

-Parce que j'ai le jeu, mes chiennes.
    -Translation; 'cause I got game bitches!

Join the Remake Leagues! No Experience Necessary.

Simple Rules:

1. Stop recruiting new owners for your half dead crappy leagues. Your efforts would be better used looking for a stable league with owners who actually care about their teams. Winning the world series in a half unowned league is not worthy of your time.

2. If you are trading an elite item like a no1 overall pick or a superstud player, then dont take the first offer you get. Advertise your availability to the league to maximize your return. Your trade partner is not going to protect you from underselling yourself.

3. Quoted from a thread about Monopoly gameplay: "This strategy will end up killing you in the long run. You WANT to make deals. You WANT to be easy to do business with. If players get the impression that you're always going to ask for unreasonable demands, they'll trade with other players, leaving you out of those trades, meaning you get nothing of value while they benefit. Remember, your goal in a trade should not be to screw your trading partner, but to screw anyone who isn't your trading partner. Then people will catch on and realize that if they're not going to give you fair rates, they're going to be left out in the cold, which means that you shouldn't be dealing with people who play that way either."

i have proposed a trade to get my guy for a few days to the grasshoppers and they have yet to respond:

Trade proposed by Gettysburg Charge to Cowpens Grasshoppers: Cancel offer
    "draft error"
    - Owner, Gettysburg Charge
    From Cowpens Grasshoppers:
    C: Edward Clerk ($1,295,000)
    From Gettysburg Charge:
    SS: Eric Tran ($139,000)
    P: John Barnes ($226,000)
    P: David Tucker ($308,000)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast