Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: Welcome to New Team Owners:

Re: Welcome to New Team Owners:

Hey Whit,
    Yes i live in Brockville, Ontario, Canada. Its about 3 hours east of Toronto right along the border of Ogdenburg, NY. A "Frontenac" is a local nickname used by one our junior hockey teams. It gets its name from Fort Frontenac named after the French Governor who was battling the British here in the 7 Years War during the 1800s.

QHowes

Thats great...always nice to know the how/why/where of team names. Great to have owners outside of the US. Especially our Northern North American friends!
    Posted what I'm looking for the the trade talk section. Also, feel free to vote on the poll that open on salary cap issue and fill out the Corona ? and A ...would help us to get
    to know you as a new owner and would be nice to also get a Canadian prospective. Don't have to, but as for me, I have more time than ever to stay active in this league as it is
    also my only league and a 2 simmer pace. I recommend not taking up too many leagues, as I get older- I realize my pace is much more happy to slow down the pace and just enjoy!

Whit-
    Lawn Chair League (co-commissioner ) ~ Huntington Beach Hobos 2019 & 2026 ​World Series Champions
    Ephesians 2:8-9 "For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: not of works, lest any man should boast."Bibleline Broadcast Network (BBN) - YouTubehttp://www.northlandchurch.com/

Quote Originally Posted by QHowes View Post
    Hey Whit,
    Yes i live in Brockville, Ontario, Canada. Its about 3 hours east of Toronto right along the border of Ogdenburg, NY. A "Frontenac" is a local nickname used by one our junior hockey teams. It gets its name from Fort Frontenac named after the French Governor who was battling the British here in the 7 Years War during the 1800s.
    I've been to Ogdensburg and heard of the Battle of Fort Frontenac. In fact, I took an undergraduate history colloquium in Spring 2005 that focused exclusively on the Seven Years War, so we had plenty of time to study battles of 1758 which marked a turning point in favor of the British in North America.

Welcome to the Lawn! I'm not actually in the league, but I'm subscribed to this thread so I see when new posts are made.
    Psi Phi: Williamsburg Tribe Power (Comm)
    Justice: Jefferson Airplanes ('22)
    TDD: Richmond Rebels (Comm) ('92, '99, '00, '34)
    Psi Sigma: Dillard Dictators (Comm) ('07, '49, '56)
    LCL: NY Lawn Mowers ('93)
    ANB: Edison Electricity ('23, "53)
    BBL: Philadelphia Federalists ('06, '29, '34, '38)
    Recycler: NOVA No Doze ('98, '00, '09, '19)
    VLR: Amritsar Destroyers ('98)
    EBB: Pennsylvania Powder Kegs ('36, '69)
    IBA: Lahaina Luau
    LOL: Fargo Frostbite
    CBF: Cradock Diablos ('59)

23/58 in World Series

Quote Originally Posted by smartbenny24 View Post
    I've been to Ogdensburg and heard of the Battle of Fort Frontenac. In fact, I took an undergraduate history colloquium in Spring 2005 that focused exclusively on the Seven Years War, so we had plenty of time to study battles of 1758 which marked a turning point in favor of the British in North America.

Welcome to the Lawn! I'm not actually in the league, but I'm subscribed to this thread so I see when new posts are made.

What ? ! A smartbenny24 post! Benny I can't let make a post without asking if you have a slight urge to come back to take up a lawnchair here. Rewster's team needs an owner and I couldn't think of anybody else better to fill that vacancy than YOU. Rew , has had tough times and that honor to take that team and do them the justice they deserve would be an epic site to see . Just asking my friend...if you have the urge, your the man for the vacant Rewster team, nobody better and I mean that.

Whit-
    Lawn Chair League (co-commissioner ) ~ Huntington Beach Hobos 2019 & 2026 ​World Series Champions
    Ephesians 2:8-9 "For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: not of works, lest any man should boast."Bibleline Broadcast Network (BBN) - YouTubehttp://www.northlandchurch.com/

Welcome new guys!!

Am I now a seasoned vet?

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan Whitfield View Post

What ? ! A smartbenny24 post! Benny I can't let make a post without asking if you have a slight urge to come back to take up a lawnchair here. Rewster's team needs an owner and I couldn't think of anybody else better to fill that vacancy than YOU. Rew , has had tough times and that honor to take that team and do them the justice they deserve would be an epic site to see . Just asking my friend...if you have the urge, your the man for the vacant Rewster team, nobody better and I mean that.

Whit-
    Thanks for the kind words, Whit, but I'm still not interested in returning at this time. My post was an effort to provide a historical point of clarification more than anything else.
    Psi Phi: Williamsburg Tribe Power (Comm)
    Justice: Jefferson Airplanes ('22)
    TDD: Richmond Rebels (Comm) ('92, '99, '00, '34)
    Psi Sigma: Dillard Dictators (Comm) ('07, '49, '56)
    LCL: NY Lawn Mowers ('93)
    ANB: Edison Electricity ('23, "53)
    BBL: Philadelphia Federalists ('06, '29, '34, '38)
    Recycler: NOVA No Doze ('98, '00, '09, '19)
    VLR: Amritsar Destroyers ('98)
    EBB: Pennsylvania Powder Kegs ('36, '69)
    IBA: Lahaina Luau
    LOL: Fargo Frostbite
    CBF: Cradock Diablos ('59)

23/58 in World Series

was worth a try...nice seeing your post- and I'm sure you know your always welcome to come on back.

Whit-

Quote Originally Posted by ManagerMike View Post
    Welcome new guys!!

Am I now a seasoned vet?
    M&M , you gained senority! Hey, by the way send me a trade offer-

if you have a bullpen pieces. Don't know what your looking for in return

but, I'm willing to part with better younger players on my team for studly

aging vets. Just thought I'd throw that out there. May be looking at your team

roster again soon- and we can revisit an offer or two?

Whit-

Please give another welcome to the newest owner Mstrj43
    who'll soon take out his chair and plant it in the grass!
    HE WILL TAKE OVER THE GREAT LAKES GRILLERS
    I DIDN'T EVEN SEE WHERE HE CAME FROM? JUST POPPED RIGHT UP ON THE LAWN
    AND PARKED HIS CHAIR BY THE GRILL. MUST OF PM'ED STAR. THEIR COMING IN FROM
    ALL ANGLES NOW FELLAS! LEAGUE ALL OF A SUDDEN HAS BLOWN UP (AIN'T COMPLAINING)
    WELCOME
    Mstrj43 eNJOY THE LEAGUE , FILL OUT THE VIRUS Q&A , VOTE, POST, MAKE TRADES, ADJUST YOUR ROSTER, ETC.
    AND THEN DON'T FORGET TO PLANT YOUR A S S N A CHAIR AND HAVE A COLD ONE ON US!
    THANKS FOR HELPING US GET THIS LEAGUE FULL.
    WHIT-

BTW, Bunch Moonshiners came from the fact that I live in Bunch, actually 1 mile outside of Bunch, and this side of Oklahoma had their share of moonshiners in their day. I say it is jest as I don't use alcohol at all.
    Peace. (Psalm 29:11)

Darrel
    Oklahoma

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast