Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: DH Voilations: Postings

DH Voilations: Postings

In The Following Game: 7/2/1985 (regular season)
    <table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"></table>

The Mountaineers defeat the New York Metropolitans, 9-2. The Player of the Game is Al Savala. LuisSchaller, DH was used as a DH violating the rule of a player not making more than $250,000. There for The NY Metro's must send down their best hitter for 3 games.
    Life is a Journey, and on the day you die instead of entering the grave in a perfectly preserved body, side in sideways saying "That Was One Hell've Ride."

Re: DH Voilations: Postings

I don't understand your reasoning here. John Flower batted in the #9 hole and is listed as the dh against both right and left handers. Why Schaller became the dh instead during this game for some reason.<table border="0" cellpadding="1" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr class="" onmouseover="this.className='hoverrow'" onmouseout="this.className=''"><td align="center">Aug2,2008
    12:23AM</td><td></td><td>The Metropolitans lose to the Beacon Mountaineers, 9-2. The Player of the Game is Al Savala.
    Robert Ryans was fatigued, replaced by Luis Schaller.
    Kevin Bayer was fatigued, replaced by Barry Hamblin.</td></tr><tr><td></td></tr></tbody></table>

I could be wrong, but it seems to be a case of the game moving the dh into the field for some reason.
    Peace. (Psalm 29:11)

Darrel
    Oklahoma

Well you are right...the lineup movements here are strange. However, when the 2nd string DH according to your depth chart is making 4 million dollar it will definitely generate problems sooner or later. Invariably, when someone has a DH issue, regardless of how the sim engine works out the lineup, there is always a problem with the depth chart.

True Jeff. It's a matter of having a bench with one Ray Ordonez on it. he should be list as the back up DH only and no where else in the Depth Chart. Then it would it would use him first, if for whatever reason the starting DH goes down!

I have 3 DH type guys on the payroll Depth Chart and they only appear in the DH slots and fatigue set at 0.
    Life is a Journey, and on the day you die instead of entering the grave in a perfectly preserved body, side in sideways saying "That Was One Hell've Ride."

My fatigue is set at 50 and have 3 dh guys who are on the depth chart that only appear in the dh slots. I've had no problems myself.

Darrel
    Oklahoma

I've had a similar problem with the computer moving my DH onto the field and bringing in a new DH "who was not even on my depth chart". See related thread that I'm posting regarding this in detail.

This can be a problem if the backups at your other positions are unavailable to play that position. Then it defaults to the next available player which could be your DH backup. So make sure your depth chart works at the other positions too.

Yeah this has been an on going problem with this agreement, I was going to ask Brian if it could or would be possible to let pitchers hit. would be a nice feature to the game

That would end the dh playing in the field problems. I hope it can be worked out.

Darrel
    Oklahoma

Quote Originally Posted by starwalker View Post
    That would end the dh playing in the field problems. I hope it can be worked out.
    Yes it would, and hopefully give an even more sense of the game NL Style.

Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast