Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 43

Thread: 2067 LoC draft lottery - POSTPONED

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    San Diego, California, United States
    Posts
    2,684

    Re: 2067 LoC draft lottery

    What crawled up your butt and nestled there smittias? Seriously, you just won a championship and now come at me like I have done nothing but run an inept organization​.

    Do you have any concept of reality right now? I didn't build this team at all. In fact the team I built won 90 games last year without mlb making a single move.

    I swapped franchises with him because he really wanted the Cardinals team name and I figured it would be fine. I didn't mind doing a rebuild and since I was taking over the team I would have three years to get the team respectable.

    Now as for your asinine argument that I should have asked. You spent an entire day making sure we knew how long we had to wait to trade between each other but didn't mention that I would have to inherit his win total. In fact not once is it mentioned in the rule book that a owner inherits the wins of a previous owner.

    I took over one of the most mismanaged​ rosters I have ever seen. I also didn't take over the roster immediately after the flip. I took it over just before 4/1 so there was almost nothing I could do.

    His starting roster was so bad I couldbt even get a 2nd rounder for anyone. His pitching staff was anchored by a 39 year old. So let me clarify so that your brain can comprehend. I did not fail to win 180 games in three years. I took over a badly run team after all teams had built their rosters for the coming season.

    The fact that you bring up last year as though I was the one who built that team or that I have ran this team for years is ludicrous.

    Wait I get it. You are hurt I left your division. Awww Smitty I am touched but don't be upset just because I walked away.

    Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by dknute View Post
    I admit that I'm not close to being a genius like KP

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Bay Area, CA
    Posts
    18,165

    Re: 2067 LoC draft lottery

    All I'm trying to say is that you can't trade teams to avoid a penalty just like you can't trade draft picks to avoid a penalty. That's all.

    I'm also shaking my head a bit that you went 47-113 and feel the league owes you something...that's the part that led to the attitude in my post. I've played over 700 seasons and I've lost more than 94 games in a season ONCE. If I ever lost 113 games in a season I would apologize to the league, not ask for special treatment.

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    14,320
    Quote Originally Posted by smittias View Post
    When you were considering swapping teams, you did some research on the team, yes? you looked at the players, maybe their stats, how the low minors looked, right? You forgot to research their win totals I guess. It happens...you remembered to check some things, and forgot to check others. That's on you...not on the league.
    It's time to tone this down, smittias and KP. The 47 wins is a black mark, but KP isn't running from his record, but he is upset about being saddled with MBs. It was not a trade, and you specifically had concerns about trading players, so it seems odd to try and call it that now. If it was a trade we should have had them trade players too.

    MB should be held responsible for his in record. It's ironic he is here since he should be responsible for his mess he created.

    My compromise suggestion would be that the two owners take their records with them. MB is already benefiting from a team that has been better run, anyway.

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Myrtle Beach, SC
    Posts
    5,585

    Re: 2067 LoC draft lottery

    Excuse me, but I inherited a team in ruins and did everything I could to turn the limited veterans of value into future pieces. I was able to keep the team above the water mark despite being handed junk. I never once came close to tanking and did nothing to contribute to the current integrity of the overall roster. Read my off-season reviews and you can easily identify my efforts and see first hand that I did things the right way. There's no reason whatsoever that team should have lost 113 based on any Managment decisions I made. If you don't agree with me, you are simply ignorant.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    14,320
    Quote Originally Posted by MBCardsfan1982 View Post
    Excuse me, but I inherited a team in ruins and did everything I could to turn the limited veterans of value into future pieces. I was able to keep the team above the water mark despite being handed junk. I never once came close to tanking and did nothing to contribute to the current integrity of the overall roster. Read my off-season reviews and you can easily identify my efforts and see first hand that I did things the right way. There's no reason whatsoever that team should have lost 113 based on any Managment decisions I made. If you don't agree with me, you are simply ignorant.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That is funny...So your position is that your two seasons of 64 wins is proof your franchise was being well run, but it doesn't apply to the franchise you took over.

    Sorry MB, but the team you took over was better than the one you left - if anyone could have the finger pointed at them for trading their team to get out of penalty issue. It would be you.
    Chi Beta - Tanasbourne Blue Wave
    Front Office - Boston Red Sox 1994 World Champs
    LoC - Los Angeles Dodgers - 1988, 2000, 2017, 2021 World Champs
    Justice - Calumet Wolverines - 2036, 2063, 2074, 2078 World Champs
    Road to the Bigs - Stanford Cardinal - 1970, 1985, 1989 NCAA Champ, 1989 League Champion
    CARL - Curacao Blue
    College World Series - USC (1954-1959); Stanford Cardinal (1960-)
    LEG - Bourbon Ancien Regime

    Retired
    ALTRA - Trenton Hessians - 2030 World Champs

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    San Diego, California, United States
    Posts
    2,684

    Re: 2067 LoC draft lottery

    Quote Originally Posted by smittias View Post
    All I'm trying to say is that you can't trade teams to avoid a penalty just like you can't trade draft picks to avoid a penalty. That's all.

    I'm also shaking my head a bit that you went 47-113 and feel the league owes you something...that's the part that led to the attitude in my post. I've played over 700 seasons and I've lost more than 94 games in a season ONCE. If I ever lost 113 games in a season I would apologize to the league, not ask for special treatment.
    But what you are saying is absolutely not even the point of the question I posed. You are manufacturing reasons to be upset.

    I never said they owed me anything. I simply asked why I was being penalized for another owners record. I built one of the most successful organizations in this league over the last three years and then to help a fellow owner I swapped teams.

    I don't give a flying care that I lost 113 games last year. I signed free agents tried different lineups and attempted to restock a completely inept bullpen.

    Plus since I wasnt the first person to ask the question it means that other owners besides me are confused by your decision.

    Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by dknute View Post
    I admit that I'm not close to being a genius like KP

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Myrtle Beach, SC
    Posts
    5,585

    Re: 2067 LoC draft lottery

    The franchise I took over has nothing to do with this equation. I had zero fear of not reaching 180 wins when I traded franchises.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    San Diego, California, United States
    Posts
    2,684

    Re: 2067 LoC draft lottery

    Quote Originally Posted by MBCardsfan1982 View Post
    Excuse me, but I inherited a team in ruins and did everything I could to turn the limited veterans of value into future pieces. I was able to keep the team above the water mark despite being handed junk. I never once came close to tanking and did nothing to contribute to the current integrity of the overall roster. Read my off-season reviews and you can easily identify my efforts and see first hand that I did things the right way. There's no reason whatsoever that team should have lost 113 based on any Managment decisions I made. If you don't agree with me, you are simply ignorant.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The team had a horrible low minors no one of any value and a completely awful and ancient pitching staff. Yes you took it over but it was in horrible condition when you took it over and it had a single piece of value.

    The team lost 114 I won 47 but you didn't even win 65 games since you joined so yes 120 wins in two years is all you. The only reason you won 90 games is because of me. You didn't even adjust the lineup.

    You should thank me and not try to paint me as some bad owner.

    Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by dknute View Post
    I admit that I'm not close to being a genius like KP

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Myrtle Beach, SC
    Posts
    5,585

    Re: 2067 LoC draft lottery

    I'm not painting anyone as a bad owner and if that's the perception please forgive me. I took over the team from Percy and it was at the end of a run. I paid respect to the previous regime and to the league by not immediately gutting things as well as maintaining the team name (that I hate) because of league history. We hung around for two seasons as a contender, made some minimal changes to stay relevant and had to eventually start building for the future. In that timeframe there was not a single thing I did from a management perspective to cause that team to win 47 games. That's my argument, to take me out of the picture here because I contributed ZERO to a 47 win team. I'm not arguing you are an inept owner.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    San Diego, California, United States
    Posts
    2,684

    Re: 2067 LoC draft lottery

    Quote Originally Posted by MBCardsfan1982 View Post
    I'm not painting anyone as a bad owner and if that's the perception please forgive me. I took over the team from Percy and it was at the end of a run. I paid respect to the previous regime and to the league by not immediately gutting things as well as maintaining the team name (that I hate) because of league history. We hung around for two seasons as a contender, made some minimal changes to stay relevant and had to eventually start building for the future. In that timeframe there was not a single thing I did from a management perspective to cause that team to win 47 games. That's my argument, to take me out of the picture here because I contributed ZERO to a 47 win team. I'm not arguing you are an inept owner.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    No one is saying that you caused it to win 47 games. We are saying that I had more than 180 wins over the last three year and I shouldn't inherit your 125 wins. That's the deal. Just like when you took the team from percy we only held you to your own record we didn't attach his record to you.



    Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by dknute View Post
    I admit that I'm not close to being a genius like KP

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
The Biggest Forums - The Largest, Biggest, Most Popular Forums on the Internet